Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
More pictures of JoanneS's quilts >

More pictures of JoanneS's quilts

More pictures of JoanneS's quilts

Old 07-25-2009, 01:53 PM

The first is a baby quilt (the Kaleidescope), '90, made for a college classmate of DD. His mom was a classmate of mine at same school. The 'baby' is about to be a freshman there!

2nd quilt is one I finished - the only one I've ever hand-pieced. Her mom had cut out all the pieces from her dresses and pieced about 3/4s of the quilt in the 70s. I finished piecing and handquilted it in 1990.This was done for love for my friend - and I'll never hand-piece again!!!

The 3rd was a wedding quilt made in '93 (that was a BIG year for me and quilts) for the daughter of a first cousin once removed. Is she a 2nd cousin? Someone here must know genealogy. Her grandma and my dad were 1st cousins. Her dad and I used to call each other 'my favorite cousin' - we were the only ones the same age out of what seemed like 100s of 'cousins' from the Dakotas and Minnesota!

Keep coming back to this thread if you want to see more of my quilts. I'm going to be scanning and posting today and maybe tomorrow. I'm on a roll.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17078.jpe   attachment-17079.jpe   attachment-17081.jpe  
Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

I LOVE the kaleidoscope one, it's quite charming. The others are lovely too, and what a labour of love for a friend. She will surelly cherish it for those who have worked on it.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful Quilts!!! The kalidescope is a stunning beauty, love the handquilting on it :D :D :D
Old 07-25-2009, 02:09 PM

More pictures -
Hearts - '98 - we were HER bupport 'group' when her rat 1st husband left her for their daughter's 1st grade teacher! 2 year's later, she found a wonderful man, and she asked my DH to walk her down the aisle!

'Baby Art Deco' for DD's Matron of Honor's baby, '98

Wedding quilt '94 titled 'Kitambaa,' Swahili for 'cloth'. Groom did his PhD is Africa - in ''92-94: research in Africa countries about AIDs problem.He and wife spent more years there working with governments on AIDs awareness. Now he does Special Projects for the Bill and Melissa (do I have her name right?) Gates Foundation. We know him from the year he ad DD were exchange students in Finland. We recognized THEN that he would make important contributions to the world - just didn't know where he'd focus.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:25 PM

Joanne - the second set of pictures didn't come out. And after seeing all the comments....I'm dying to get a peek :)
Sharon
Old 07-25-2009, 02:29 PM

More pictures
Baby quilt for 1st DGD of 'my favorite cousin' in '97

'Bavarian Flag' - one of several quilts I've made with this theme for family and friends. We lived in Munich from '68-'72. This quilt was made for the son of our Volvo who is now in charge of Pediatric Emergency Medicine at Stanford U. Hospital in Palo Alto. He was 11 when we met him. Couldn't be prouder if he were my own son!

Heart quilt Top on my design wall. The only picture I have. I stupidly left it on a plane on the way to CT from AZ, and I didn't realize until 2 legs and a different plane later - and the airline never found it. This was in 2001 BEFORE 9/11. Soooo - if you ever see it, it's mine. There was another quilted quilt that I was taking home to repair for my DD. And a Landscape Wall hanging top.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-17087.jpe   attachment-17089.jpe   attachment-17101.jpe  
Old 07-25-2009, 03:27 PM

Your kaleidoscope quilt is stunning. Love the setting, and the quilting really shows beautifully. Do you hand quilt them? Either way, it's very nicely done.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
The first is a baby quilt (the Kaleidescope), '90, made for a college classmate of DD. His mom was a classmate of mine at same school. The 'baby' is about to be a freshman there!

2nd quilt is one I finished - the only one I've ever hand-pieced. Her mom had cut out all the pieces from her dresses and pieced about 3/4s of the quilt in the 70s. I finished piecing and handquilted it in 1990.This was done for love for my friend - and I'll never hand-piece again!!!

The 3rd was a wedding quilt made in '93 (that was a BIG year for me and quilts) for the daughter of a first cousin once removed. Is she a 2nd cousin? Someone here must know genealogy. Her grandma and my dad were 1st cousins. Her dad and I used to call each other 'my favorite cousin' - we were the only ones the same age out of what seemed like 100s of 'cousins' from the Dakotas and Minnesota!

Keep coming back to this thread if you want to see more of my quilts. I'm going to be scanning and posting today and maybe tomorrow. I'm on a roll.
This is a correction for quilt comments at the beginning of this thread. :lol: :lol:

The only 'credit' that's correct is the Kaleidescope.

Scroll up for the other 2 LOL I guess my bug affected my brain. I'm on anti-biotics, and I'm screwy :wink: I'll post the 'missing' pictures and more tomorrow or Monday.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:55 PM

Joanne....I'm IN LOVE with that heart one! Stunning!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Joanne....I'm IN LOVE with that heart one! Stunning!
Thanks - I loved it, too. It was made for a very special young lady's wedding. I hurried up and made another , but it wasn't the same. I never told her the story. Bad Karma

if you ever SEE it finished, tell 'em it's MINE!!!
DH says that year, the airline (Delta - he worked for them after PanAm went down) destroyed left carry-on bags! Crap. So, unless some flight attendant was brave enough to LOOK in the bag and walk off with it, it's gone forever! Dang bag HAD MY NAME ON IT! That's just one of the reasons I ha - don't like Delta - - -