Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron? >

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Has anyone ever used the clover mini iron?

Old 10-22-2013, 10:29 AM

I love mine! Started out using for Antique Repro Porcelain doll clothes, now used for Paper Piecing and for reg. piecing.
I agree that at times it is not as hot so will try the amazing tip. Always something to learn from all you fellow board members.

thanks.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:57 AM

I keep mine near my machine to press seams and it is so very handy. The iron is small and I had a small cutting mat w/ a pad on the other that I use w/ it. I have a holder but keep mine on a small dish when it is on. You can adjust the heat.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 AM

I have the Clover iron. It's an older one and doesn't have the attachments. I have used it only for applique with freezer paper and it works well for that. I don't think mine would work well for pressing anything.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bullock2us View Post
My mom does alot of doll clothes and barbie clothes making-thought maybe this would be a good Christmas gift for her so she didn't have to have her big iron out all the time. Has anyone used one? Is it worth buying the one with all the attachments? Any help I can get in making this decision I would appreciate-Thanks
Great for little places---------------------------however it's hard deal with if you do not have a good holder or system to keep it from burning something while not in use on the table. Best is if you could find a vase or something similar to let it hang in. I've burned myself and a cutting board and some fabric. The rinky dink holder that came with my iron was a accident looking for a place to happen
Old 10-23-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
This is very true! Now that sucker gets "hinges of Hell" hot! I have to make sure I don't have it turned up to high or it will scorch my fabrics or over melt my fusible.

I want MINE to get Hinges of Hell hot! Will have to try the heat/cool trick, cause tried it a couple times and it is LAME
Old 10-31-2013, 08:10 AM

My mom bought one and loved it so much she bought me one. First time I used it I set it on low which wasn't hot enough. I then set it on high and proceeded to melt the thread of the block I was working on! I packed it away and haven't taken the time to play with it again. Maybe mine is just a bad one?!
Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 PM

Kitty123, now that I have seen that video, I think I need that one too!!!