One more 15-91 question

Old 03-04-2014, 08:42 PM

Default One more 15-91 question

OK, I am having trouble w/my bobbin race area on my 15-91. I keep having trouble w/the thread messing up in the race, thought it was the bobbins so I ordered new ones. Then realized I had a problem w/the bobbin case...ordered a new one of those too. Now it seems it might be the hook race itself! When I put the bobbin case in, the hook race catches on the bobbin case. In other words the thing can't go all the way around because there is not enough clearance between the hook race and the bobbin case, where the screw is for the bobbin case tension adjustment does that make sense?) Have I got something put together wrong? Is it not supposed to go past that point? I hope my description made a little bit of sense and someone can help me. I am very much leaning towards the fact that I must have something put togther wrong. As of the writing of this I have not tried to check that myself because it is late and I should be sleeping, but I wanted to post here and see what expert advise I could get !

Thanks,
Jenna

Last edited by minibarn; 03-04-2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: clairification
Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 PM

Jenna,

Check to make sure that you have the correct bobbin case. When viewed from the solid side the class 15 bobbin case for the 15-90, 15-91 has the finger pointed to the 11:00 position.

Cathy

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
OK, I am having trouble w/my bobbin race area on my 15-91. I keep having trouble w/the thread messing up in the race, thought it was the bobbins so I ordered new ones. Then realized I had a problem w/the bobbin case...ordered a new one of those too. Now it seems it might be the hook race itself! When I put the bobbin case in, the hook race catches on the bobbin case. In other words the thing can't go all the way around because there is not enough clearance between the hook race and the bobbin case, where the screw is for the bobbin case tension adjustment does that make sense?) Have I got something put together wrong? Is it not supposed to go past that point? I hope my description made a little bit of sense and someone can help me. I am very much leaning towards the fact that I must have something put togther wrong. As of the writing of this I have not tried to check that myself because it is late and I should be sleeping, but I wanted to post here and see what expert advise I could get !

Thanks,
Jenna
Old 03-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Power Poster

Shoot a picture of it for us
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM

Thank you both for replying. I finally got to it this morning and I am pretty certain I had something put together wrong because it is working fine now. I do have the right bobbin case, in fact just ordered a new one. I think somehow I had the hook race in wrong, so I put it all back together and now all is well!!! Now, finally I can try this thing out for real!

Thanks again for all the help I have gotten here.
Jenna
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Shoot a picture of it for us
I wish I could but I have too get the camera software downloaded on to this computer etc, and just haven't yet. One day.....
Old 03-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by minibarn View Post
I wish I could but I have too get the camera software downloaded on to this computer etc, and just haven't yet. One day.....
Just a thought....
Dropbox is a free application that give you a couple gig's of online space.
It also can be installed on your phone free and set to synchronize with your camera picture folder.
Then it can be installed on your PC for free and set to automatically synchronize the folders to your pc.

So every time you take a picture, it is copied to your online dropbox account AND then to your PC.

Poof!! digital sharing!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:54 PM

Thanks Steve, maybe I'll check that out.