Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I used up all my Misc batting, >

I used up all my Misc batting,

I used up all my Misc batting,

Old 04-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Default I used up all my Misc batting,

I have lots of potholders cut out and today I cut the batting for them. I had several kinds of different batting left over and it was taking a bin and half of storage. I sorted it by like kinds and sewed pieces together all day by butting pieces together. I used all but one bag of all these scraps. My potholders are 9 inches sq and
I sew RS together and turn and put ribbon for hanging and stitch 1/4 inch around and then do some kind of design from a quilting in the middle. I am cutting a lot of projects out now and making kits so I can take all this with me to sew in our RV for the summer. I find that the cutting takes half the time and I have two months left to cut enough for 4 months. I better get going faster. !!???? I have 88 potholder ready now.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:11 PM

Just curious - what are you going to do with all the potholders? Gifts for folks or are you planning on selling? I admire your thriftiness in using up every bit of the batting and planning ahead like that!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM

Thanks Debbe, I sell at xmas time at craft shows and a little bit during the summer. I am trying to get my stock built up. The last time I made 66 pot holders they went somewhere so fast. I sold some and gave a lot as gifts with baked goods. My Quilt guild has a boutique every 2 yrs and I sell my items there also. It seems I keep sewing and quilting for family and birthdays and Christmas and I cannot get my inventory built up.
Originally Posted by DebbE View Post
Just curious - what are you going to do with all the potholders? Gifts for folks or are you planning on selling? I admire your thriftiness in using up every bit of the batting and planning ahead like that!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:23 AM

That's great! You go girl!
Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 AM

good for you! I need to sit down and do that.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:00 AM

Can you post a picture of your potholders. I made the microwave bowls but haven't really made many potholders. Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
...gave a lot as gifts with baked goods.
Oh, what a great idea!! I've made a pile of potholders to practice FMQ and also doing binding...some of the "good" ones would make pretty good gifts. I've been wondering what to do with all of these! I only need so many in my own kitchen...I'll keep all the ugly ones, LOL.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:36 AM

What a fabulous idea! Giving them with baked goods. So creative!
Old 04-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

I am starting on my stash of Mug rugs. I like making them because it is like doing a mini quilt. Takes less than 5 minutes to quilt. Great idea for working on your FMQ!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 AM

Hello fellow RV quilter! We've been in our fifth wheel full time since June. We're finally starting g to look for a house again and I can't wait! How do you find your craft shows? Do you just do little local shows or do you book the big ones?