Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Back to Colored Pencils and Graph Paper >

Back to Colored Pencils and Graph Paper

Back to Colored Pencils and Graph Paper

Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

Default Back to Colored Pencils and Graph Paper

I was playing in my EQ5 today, and it is acting funny. I draw a half square triangle, and a few minutes later it disappears. I color in several squares and they disappear when I hit the save button.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM

I've emailed EQ support before and they were able to help me - you might try them to see if they can help. I don't know if they still support EQ5 or not but it can't hurt to try.

Have you changed anything on your PC lately? Installed any other new software? If so, un-installing and then re-installing the EQ software MIGHT help. But I'd try EQ support first.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

lines will disappear if you do not connect the end of the line to another dot on the other line. when i set mine up, i designate 4x the divisions as the size of the block.... for example, for a six inch block, i set the divisions as 24 vertical and horizontal. if my drawing gets complicated, i sometimes 8x the dots. HTH
Old 04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

I have been having problems with my XL computer, but nothing happening with EQ5. OOPS, maybe I should backup my projects at least to a memory stick !! They have stopped EQ5 users from downloading the monthly fabrics which has me ticked off. I have had their programs since 1995.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:18 PM

I've had issues that I thought were issues but were not really. How's that for a mouthful! Anyhow, I find that, if in EQ5, I save the block/coloring/whatever, I sometimes have to close that project and re-open it in order to find what I've just done. Sometimes very tedious but it's all always there. In fact I thought I lost an entire project a couple of weeks ago but it popped up when I opened the entire file string vs the short name for the project. I re-installed EQ5 on my now almost 10 yr old computer at the time running Windows 7 professional. Other than those little quirks, I really haven't had a problem with it.