Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Good Day,  BAD day....REALLY GOOD DAY! >

Good Day, BAD day....REALLY GOOD DAY!

Good Day, BAD day....REALLY GOOD DAY!

Old 05-03-2014, 09:38 AM

Default Good Day, BAD day....REALLY GOOD DAY!

My yesterday went something like this: Got up early to be at the dentist for some intensive work. Hopefully we can be done with all of the work by next summer!
I didn't sleep well because I knew what lay ahead. We have been doing the work by quadrants and I vividly remember the first quadrant we did late last year.

2.5 painful hours in dentist chair. Couldn't get me all the way numb, I cowboy'd up and said just finish it because it was around the gums and not in the tooth so it wasn't that bad but the worst part was he hit a nerve with the first injection that sent pain up to my ear and my whole neck and ear was hurting and with an instant headache to boot. SO not a good day. I am a little groggy today, teeth do not hurt but injection sites are very sore and I can't open my mouth very wide because they used that awful wheel for me to bite on to keep my mouth open. Not looking forward to July when I go in again..

I was feeling pretty low when I walked out. I had a huge shopping list because I was in the "city" and I never waste a trip to the city and all I wanted to do was go home take some pain meds and go to bed. I had a 40 minute drive home. I needed coffee, I had to go to Petco for Daphne she needed some hooves to chew on, and the thrift store was next door too and I wanted to see if they had any jewelry, sewing supplies, machines etc. Then I would grab my much needed coffee.

I walked down the isle for the sewing machines and supplies. About 8 sewing machines none of which I desired. I only had one machine left on my wanted list and I had the picture in my purse, I had found my list the day before and I had purchased the 15-91 a few weeks ago and so only one machine was left on my list.

Nothing...nothing at all so I turned to leave. A thought popped into my head and said go look in the furniture section. I didn't have room for any more tables I argued with the little quiet voice, what have you got to lose it said? Go look, it is only 15 steps away. Okay okay I'll look. Nope nothing there, no sewing cabinets. It said why don't you LOOK BETWEEN the two big desks. Okay, okay I'll look.

Hidden completely from view was a cute blonde sewing cabinet with matching chair. It was love at first site. Questions flooded my thoughts, does it have a machine it? what kind? Any goodies in the drawer? how much are they asking? The suspense was killing me!! LOL

I walked over and just savored the moment for about a minute searching for the price tag, DARN!! asking too much especially after the dentist bill just now.

I gingerly lifted up the top. There WAS a machine inside! She was a beautiful two tone Singer in backwards and just laying on the bottom. My heart leapt in my chest, I swear I squealed for delight as I instantly recognized her! She was the picture I was carrying in my purse the last machine on my list!!!

I tell you I couldn't rip off the tag off fast enough to take up to the register. A beautiful 319W. God loves me! For a few minutes all of the dental pain went away!

They had marked her down from $100.00 to $77.00. $38.50 for the table and about $38.50 for the machine. I finished all of my errands, got my coffee and a bite to eat and headed home. I called my hubby and told him what I had done and he said Good job! He was happy I bought it. I loves my hubby. After I got home I went to bed, the stupid headache didn't go away until after 7pm.

What started out as a good day because I was taking care of myself and getting dental work done that needed to be done, turned into a very bad day with all of the pain for a 2.5 hour dental visit, then turned into a VERY good day with our beautiful last one on the list 319W beauty!

Here are the pictures. There was a lot more that came in the cabinet but NO cams. Lots of bent needles and lots of needles the wrong size. I think I might gift this machine to hubby. The men really seem to like this one..LOL
Attached Thumbnails 014.jpg   015.jpg   006.jpg   010.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 09:53 AM

What a wonderful thing came from such a terrible beginning. Can see you are going to enjoy!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:02 AM

You were blessed, what a wonderful find.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:06 AM

Ooooh nice find! I would have bought it too!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Nice machine and goodies! I had a 2 hour root canal on an upper molar last week so I can sympathize. I hope it does well and doesn't need extracting because it is mighty close to the sinus cavity!
Old 05-03-2014, 10:23 AM

The machine is the first cousin to my 306W which I just love! Mine is cabinet mounted with the knee control .. another feature I just love... Hope you love yours as much as I love mine.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:24 AM

I like my Singer 319W that I use in a treadle. I've not ever used my electric one. They're the only two 319s that I've seen in my area, and I bought them both. I hope he likes his too.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 05-03-2014, 11:12 AM

Thanks guys, Tartan, I do hope your dental work goes well too!

CD I offered it to hubby but he said no it was mine, I think he is holding out for a used leather machine.

I have two 306w machines in the lineup for cleaning and new electrical. I do have tons of supplies from them and all of the 306W cams. Several people have said the 306 flat cams will work for the 319 also. Once I clean her up and hubby rewires her I will try the 306 cams out and report back here.

The table the 319 came in is set up with a knee lever and tomorrow when I am feeling more like my ol self I will investigate the 319 further. Her serial number is W1690504

I found a great thread here that I will try to read today and take notes.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...w-t239459.html
Old 05-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Here is another thread. I LOVE that table!!! WOW! http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t162425.html There is massive amounts of info from all my friends here on QB!!!
Old 05-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

What a beauty. She is so compact and retro! Glad your day improved after your morning. Enjoy your latest find.
peace