Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric care >

fabric care

fabric care

Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 AM

Default fabric care

Ok.. this morning I was going to purchase some fabric on line. I want to try batiks - for the first time. I went to MSQC website and they don't have care instruction on their fabric. Am I missing something? SO I ended ordering from Fabric.com instead so that I could be sure I got machine wash and dry fabric. Do any of you guys know where to find the care instructions at MSQC website. I am sure that I could call them, but it was early and they weren't open... and I wanted to place my order NOW
Old 05-16-2014, 05:12 AM

Cotton batiks have the same care as regular cotton fabric. Rayon batiks would be different. Some you can wash on delicate, dry on low or hang dry, others might be dry clean.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

I agree with katier825. Cotton batiks have the same care as cotton fabrics. I don't recall every seeing washing instruction on fabric sold online.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Thank you for your replies. That helps, I will look to see if they are cotton or rayon. Fabric.com has the care instructions called out... maybe they are one of the few websites that do????? I want to be sure when I buy there are not surprises when I get it home
Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 PM

Take a look at Connecting Threads, their batiks are fabulous. I have washed and dried them with no problem.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:42 PM

Most fabrics sold to quilters are cotton. If not, the store/web site will say so. The place you need to be careful is when dealing with non-traditional sources like estate sales, thrift stores.

I'll echo what the others have said, cotton batiks are treated the same as any other cotton.