Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ironing board organizers >

Ironing board organizers

Ironing board organizers

Old 06-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Default Ironing board organizers

Does anyone have instructions for making ironing board organizers? I've seen patterns to buy but I'd like to try it myself-( Ok I'm cheap!) I'm looking for the fabric kind that hangs off the side of the ironing board with sections for scissors and other supplies.Thanks everyone.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:35 PM

I didn't find any free patterns, but it does look fairly simple. Ebay has a Kwik Sew one, that has loops for the scissors, pencils, & other needs to hang in, while the whole pouch opens a bit for trash, or whatever won't fit in the loops. This particular one hangs off the back end of the ironing board. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kwik-Sew-Pat...item4d1e069d6f

This one gives the dimensions as 6" wide by 24" long, and has the pin cushion built in. http://www.homesew.com/bkk2333.html#.U5oqgk4o7IU

You have made me think about how I could use this. I don't want any part of it on the top of my ironing board because I use the entire surface for ironing big pieces of quilt tops or big blocks, but I would love to have something that would hang over, hold my scissors & cut threads. I may just have to go make one that I can put under my ironing board cover and let hang off the front of the ironing board. That will definitely save me some steps. Thanks for helping me see something that will be usable.