Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wichita Row-by-Row >

Wichita Row-by-Row

Wichita Row-by-Row

Old 07-03-2014, 06:00 AM

Default Wichita Row-by-Row

Visiting DD in Wichita and want to get a couple of the row by row patterns. I looked at the list and see there are several shops that have them. Any suggestions as to which are best? I passed Hen Feathers yesterday on Rock Rd. but was with the kids and in the wrong lane to get over to it. When I get home I can get RbRs from MA, NH and VT which should be fun. Anyone else doing this thing? Would love to hear and see what folks are doing with it.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 AM

Going to the upper penisula camping next week if DHs back is better. I have my list of shops to visit. There are 4 shops fairly close to home and all are participating.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:36 AM

I stumbled on to it Tues at my quilt shop. I was in NJ and saw a poster for it but it didn't start until 7/1. I'm going to try. Sweet table runner if I only make it to one shop although there are several in Indiana participating. Did someone say road trip?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:25 AM

I live near Wichita and in my opinion Hen Feathers is a pretty small shop. Charlotte's Sew Natural in Newton has a much better selection of stuff, but I guess I'm not real sure how much she has of what your looking for. Her website is sewnatural.net if you want to look her up.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:56 PM

DD and I are going on a road trip Sat. to the northern area of IL and catch as many as we have time for. We live in far south suburbs of Chicago, so can take shorter Sat. trips out here and over to northern IN. It will be fun.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:04 PM

If you are wanting to see the shops RbR rows, you can just type in the state abbreviation RowbyRowExperience in FB even w/o having a FB account and it'll pull up pics of each state's participating stores' rows. Hope thus helps!
Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

Hi Lynn,

I don't have any info on which Wichita shops but see that you are planning to pick up rows in MA, NH and VT. I used to live in NH and would love to have rows from that area. I now live in northwest Ohio and we have several shops that are participating. Three in Ohio and one (at least) in southern Michigan. Do you have any interest in trading rows? Some of our shops have kits while others just have free patterns.

Thanks,

Lynda

Originally Posted by LynnVT View Post
Visiting DD in Wichita and want to get a couple of the row by row patterns. I looked at the list and see there are several shops that have them. Any suggestions as to which are best? I passed Hen Feathers yesterday on Rock Rd. but was with the kids and in the wrong lane to get over to it. When I get home I can get RbRs from MA, NH and VT which should be fun. Anyone else doing this thing? Would love to hear and see what folks are doing with it.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:31 PM

I feel a little foolish. I never heard of RowbyRow before! So cool! Do I get out? Well, I am a farmgirl, so no!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:52 PM

The thing is, the rules are that you can only get one pattern at each shop and they will not mail them. It says you absolutely cannot copy and send them to someone else. So I guess I couldn't send one to you, Lynda. Are other people trading patterns? I plan to get one at Four Pines Quilting in Claremont, NH which is just over the VT border. Thank you for your suggestions. Each shop has a separate pattern I think, so it doesn't matter how large the shop is. I wouldn't buy a kit, as I mentioned above, because the exhibit I'd like to send it to doesn't allow them. Here are the rules for anyone who hasn't seen them: http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/ro...ience-faqs.htm
Thank you, Quilt-T, the Facebook page is pretty cool. I had hoped to run over to the Kechi shop which a search showed quite near where I'm staying, but they have moved downtown. Many stores closed July 4, but I hope to get to some on Saturday.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:58 PM

Thanks for responding, Lynn! I appreciate what you're saying. I should have read the rules.

I used to live in Troy, just south of Keene, so I'm familiar with Claremont. I still have friends there so I'll try and send a non-quilting friend to one of the shops. I think the whole thing is great fun and love all the possibilities that rows give you as opposed to blocks. One of the shops here (Sonflower Quilts) features sunflowers on their row, and another (Quilt Trends) has adorable watermelon and uses rickrack. So cute!

Have fun with it!