Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
CL estate fabric sale - St Louis quilters >

CL estate fabric sale - St Louis quilters

CL estate fabric sale - St Louis quilters

Old 07-07-2014, 07:38 AM

Default CL estate fabric sale - St Louis quilters

Any St Louis quilters looking for a quilt stash to raid take a look at this Craigslist estate sale ad. I spoke with the estate sale company today and she said that there is so much fabric to look through they will allow anyone to come starting tomorrow ahead of the planned sale. They are working today to get it in proximity.

The estate sale is in University City. I called the St. Louis number. The woman I spoke with said they are not pricing per yard but let you choose what you want and give you a price since there is so much and prices will not be expensive .... her words.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/art/4556351448.html

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-07-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Won't that be exciting to go look through all that. But, alas, I live way to far away in Texas. Someone is going to have a lot of fun looking through all of that & taking home some of those goodies. Wish it were me. LOL!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:34 PM

I'm laughing hard about this.. I went to an estate sale two weeks ago, and bought.. I started at 10 am, and paid $10 for a tote bag full. It started with the lady advising me to fill the bag, and bring it up to the counter.. I figured that if it was too much, I'd leave it.. It was in a room on the first floor.. I was in a rush, so I took it, and ran.. Ended up going back at 3:00.. I figured I would see what was upstairs.. You can't imagine what was there.. Every room had fabric all over the place.. I picked up a tupper container, and filled it up.. Nearly fell down the steps, as the container was so heavy.. I didn't even make a dent in what she had.. I ended up paying $50 for the container.. I have more than 300 yards.. I ended up being fussy, and choosing fabrics that weren't dated. I have tons of dots, and dark fabrics.. as most of my fabrics were medium..
Please let us know what you get.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:27 AM

I live right across the river but will pass on this sale. My shelves broke the other day right after DH fixed them. He said I might like to get rid of some of my fabric ! I have plenty of fabric so I will let others buy, the only fabric I buy now is for the borders.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:48 AM

I love sales like that (I've been fortunate to have come across a few of them), but nothing is sadder than when you get there and there's not much quilting cotton...just upholstery weight or apparel fabric...
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM

WOW! That is so cool. I'm not too far from St Louis but I just can't make myself drive in that city.
I hope lots of quilters get that stuff & use it well.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:28 PM

I went to one in my area... and the seller wanted $6.00 to $7.00 per yard ... There was a lot of fabric.. some she even measured the scraps and figured out how much the yardage was ( used a square inch calculation ) and charge the $6.00 per yard equal for odd pieces. Now I ask the prices before drive.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wanabee Quiltin View Post
I live right across the river but will pass on this sale. My shelves broke the other day right after DH fixed them. He said I might like to get rid of some of my fabric ! I have plenty of fabric so I will let others buy, the only fabric I buy now is for the borders.
you could go and buy and put it for sale for some of us?