Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for Drunkard path rubber stamps >

Looking for Drunkard path rubber stamps

Looking for Drunkard path rubber stamps

Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 AM

Default Looking for Drunkard path rubber stamps

I have seen Cindi Blackbergs rubber stams for HQT etc but have never seen the stamps for drunkards patch??? does anyone have any info on finding one...I have the plastic templates but they don't mark the 1/4" sew line for hand sewing.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Check out Inklingo. Many line sewers use that instead of the stamps now.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:46 AM

Okay, I'm old... set in my ways... doing a lot of things the way I've always done them. What is Inklingo? I went to the website and I see stuff but what's it for? How is it used? Is it just stuff you print on fabric? Enlighten me.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:59 AM

I am old fashioned. I just make a template and mark and cut. Wish I could help. Good luck !
Old 09-21-2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by nanna-up-north View Post
What is Inklingo? How is it used? Is it just stuff you print on fabric? Enlighten me.
Nutshell: Inklingo is a method of printing block shapes and lines on fabric. Linda (Inklingo creator) sells you the files to print. You iron freezer paper to fabric and send the fabric through your printer.

Here is a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBEJrBz1Q0
Old 09-22-2014, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

I came across Inklingo and was totally confused until I saw fabric that had the ink jet design actually printed on the fabric. I already use enough ink for printing quilt designs so I didn't think I would use it that much, but definitely a very interesting idea.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:50 AM

going to check it out...looks like what I need cuz 1/4" line is included....smart ladies...thanks
Old 09-22-2014, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Nutshell: Inklingo is a method of printing block shapes and lines on fabric. Linda (Inklingo creator) sells you the files to print. You iron freezer paper to fabric and send the fabric through your printer.

Here is a short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBEJrBz1Q0
And there's absolutely no reason you can't make a file for yourself and print it on fabric or paper or fusible web or anything else that will fit into your printer. Why pay someone else to do something so very simple??
Old 09-22-2014, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

And there's absolutely no reason you can't make a file for yourself and print it on fabric or paper or fusible web or anything else that will fit into your printer. Why pay someone else to do something so very simple??

I thought the same until I tried. Nothing printed out accurately, a new file needed for each size change, a lot of problems that wasted my time, ink, paper and fabric. My computer programmer friend said buy the program and forget the file making.

It takes hardly any ink at all. You use the faintest color possible. The program instructs you how to do this on most all printers. I have an old inkjet printer just for Inklingo and haven't changed the cartridge in over a year and I print a lot of Inklingo for a community quilt class program every month. Everything you want to know about it on the Inklingo website. I've had the program for years, I guess ever since I saw Linda's Jane Austen piecework video.

Last edited by Onebyone; 09-22-2014 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 AM

the one draw back I can see is they would have to be all one fabric??? I want to do some scrappy fabric..I found templates that you trace around on ebay...going to try those so I can change fabric...thanks guys