Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Professional tote pattern >

Professional tote pattern

Professional tote pattern

Old 09-29-2014, 06:42 AM

Default Professional tote pattern

I've been wanting to buy the Professional Tote pattern by Creative Thimble... The bags look so nice and professionally made... And today's the day. Quilt in a Day has free shipping with orders of $10 or more, today and tomorrow, and they had 5 copies of the pattern... So, the price was right, and I bought a copy. Hurray!
Old 09-29-2014, 08:36 AM

You will love this bag. Just a few suggestions -- have ALL your notions before you start sewing. I fused the stabilizer to the fabric then cut out the pieces. I don't like fusing small pieces to other small pieces. Note that not all the pieces require stabilizing. Read through the instructions before starting. Follow the pattern precisely -- don't try to skip ahead and don't second guess what you are supposed to do. Follow the directions starting at step 1 and don't let the instructions intimidate you. Be sure to post pictures when you are done!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
You will love this bag. Just a few suggestions -- have ALL your notions before you start sewing. I fused the stabilizer to the fabric then cut out the pieces. I don't like fusing small pieces to other small pieces. Note that not all the pieces require stabilizing. Read through the instructions before starting. Follow the pattern precisely -- don't try to skip ahead and don't second guess what you are supposed to do. Follow the directions starting at step 1 and don't let the instructions intimidate you. Be sure to post pictures when you are done!
Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:56 AM

Okay, I googled and found it. That's a really nice bag! Good luck in making one and be sure to post photos for us to drool over.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:14 PM

I love the Professional Tote and I'm sure you will also. It took me three days to make, but well worth it. Just this year a Mini Professional Tote came on the market. It's also a winner.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:44 PM

I've made several and the last one I used Soft and Stable instead of the interfacing and batting called for in the pattern. I like that the bag is much lighter in weight and also stands up better than with the called for interfacings.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

I also received the email about the free shipping. Wonder what do I really need ???
Old 09-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
I've made several and the last one I used Soft and Stable instead of the interfacing and batting called for in the pattern. I like that the bag is much lighter in weight and also stands up better than with the called for interfacings.
I like soft n stable also, and will use it for this bag, when I get to it
Old 09-30-2014, 02:45 AM

thanks for posting, I ordered the mini professional, so now wait and hope if I'm able to create it.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:40 AM

Where are you ladies finding "soft and stable"? I recently bought a kit that included it and I love it. So far I haven't found a source for it in the Dallas area. (of course, I haven't visited every shop in Dallas because there are so many, but I couldn't find it a Joann's--my go to place for interfacing).