Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memoey Craft 10001 >

Janome Memoey Craft 10001

Janome Memoey Craft 10001

Old 10-03-2014, 08:44 AM

Default Janome Memoey Craft 10001

I have a chance to buy a Janome Memory Craft 10001. Does anyone know what the original retail of this machine was. If you have one do you like it?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:54 PM

I can't tell you the price as I bought mine from a friend of mine. I love this machine. Embroidery area is 5 x 7. However janome no longer updates the program to transfer embroidery patterns directly to the machine if you are running Vista or higher you will have to purchase an ata card and a card reader. I used Vicants ultimate box with good results. There is a memory craft group on Yahoo and they can tell/teach anything you need to know. This is a great machine and if the price is right, go for it.

Cindy in Tn
Old 10-04-2014, 05:37 AM

I bought it new in 2004 or maybe 06. it was abt $4000. I also got the mega hoop, hoops A,B,C,D. I love this machine, for ME, and regular sewing. Sometimes when ME I have thread breakage prob.lems, but not everytime.
I would buy this machine again, any day.
I just saw the receipt this week but at the moment can't find it.
I use a USB stick to transfer designs from the computer to SEwing machine. Aslo later on hubs bought me Designers Gallery, but I have never used it.
if I find the receipt today I will let you know. If you are getting it from the original owner, I would say buy it.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:21 PM

I bought it. It has all the tons of feet. A 27 spool box of Janome thread never opened. A thing still in the box called a clothsetter, 4 hoops, and the manual. I paid $400.00. Some DVD disks. It doesn't have a memory card. What is a ATA card and where do I get it? What is a card reader and where do I get that also? So much to learn.....
Old 10-04-2014, 04:38 PM

I have this machine and have used it for 10 or more years. It does everything I need for it to do. I have never had any major problem with it. It embroiders beautifully and sews just as well. Getting all the feet is nice too.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:20 PM

I liked my 10001 and I used the Janome Embroidery software to transfer to usb. I still use it with the free update to Janome 11,000 that still works with Windows 8. I'm not sure why it won't transfer unless you aren't using the software and only using the computer cord.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:24 AM

I have the machine and I love it. you got a good bargain. I have had mine 6 yrs and never had a problem. I bought the emb. card from my dealer and the usb cord to download patterns from the internet. I also have the reader writer box so I can use the cards that I bought for my MC 9000 which I still have. I got that at my Janome dealer also but that was 6 yrs ago. Not sure they are still available. Enjoy
Old 10-05-2014, 02:46 AM

Did you get the manual? I still refer to it many times after all these years.
I never bought the card reader, I download from the internet to " scan disc, compact card PC CARD ADAPTER, which
holds my Picture card.
PM me if you need pictures of this.
Enjoy, its Sew much fun.