Thumbnails?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

Default Thumbnails?

Is it just me or are others getting teeny tiny thumbnail pictures in the posts?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:32 PM

I am also. Did you try clicking on the thumbnail? It opens to a larger photo in another window. You can see the details better than when they were posted directly in the post.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:21 PM

I noticed it this afternoon.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:49 PM

I don't like it!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

I did click to view the new fabric posted for sale and I guess it is another change to the site.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:27 PM

I guess it's admin's attempt at eliminating the duplicate pictures we've been getting lately.

I'm finding it very frustrating tho . I view the board on an older iPad, and although I can open the image in its new window, if I then try to enlarge the picture to see it better, the pic immediately swoops off the right hand side of my screen! I can draw it back across to the middle, but only for about a second before it disappears to the side again. So I simply can't see the picture long enough to get a proper look!

It also means that the 'close' button is inaccessible too, cos that's on the bottom right hand corner..... I've said a couple of bad words cos of that.....

All in all, I'd rather have the duplicates back - at least I could see the images clearly....

Cheers, Kate

Last edited by Siodach; 10-20-2014 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:37 AM

I have Ipad2. 3 years old. It has gotten so sluggish. I have maxed out the 16G storage. I just ordered an Ipad Mini 32G with cellular capability. Our home wi-fi is slow so I hope my new Mini will perform better, thus the pics will open quicker. Yes, i notice the issue with the pics but i assumed it had to do with our lousy wi-fi set up. We shall see.

Sandy
Old 10-21-2014, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

I posted a pic last night ... and it came up full size.
Maybe it is the different ways that one posts the pictures?
Double clicking does expand the pic, though I am finding it is very slooooow in doing so.

One feature that would be nice, would be to be able to double click on avatar pics and see what they really are.

................ I still have not got back all of my threads in the "find latest started threads" link in the profile (:
Sure would like to see mine back .... as well as those of other members.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 AM

I really do not like this change. I used to be able to see the photo, and if it appealed to me, hit "Control" and "+" a few times to see the details. With these tiny thumbnails, I can't even see the picture well enough to know if I even want to see it in detail. Oh well, I guess it'll take a lot less time to get through the Daily Digest. Too bad.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:49 AM

I am not liking these new thumbnails either, although I'm sure there's some good technical reason for them. I tried to enlarge one & it did the swoop to the right thing like Siodach said. I looked at some of my old posted pics & they are thumbnails now too.