Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome8900qsb >

Janome8900qsb

Janome8900qsb

Old 11-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Lightbulb Janome8900qsb

Hello all. I am looking for your input and a price? Does anyone have any input on the new Janome 8900qsb sewing quilting machine and was the price that I would be looking at? It's either this or the baby lock Aria.
Thank you All.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:56 PM

I had a Janome 8200 so I looked at the 8900 and the Aria. I saw a gal had paid $2400 for her Aria in January of this year but couldn't find a price for the 8900. I was a little skeptical of the dial on the 8900 but I've not heard of any issues with it. I personally like the look of the panel read out on the Aria. They both are considered very good machines. I would sit down and demo both of them, see which one you feel more comfortable with, and compare the features. Especially check out the lighting, compare the throat space, does the Janome have the serpentine stitch (the Aria does, really cool stitch). The 8200 and 8900 both have the dual feed foot, which looks like a walking foot and attaches to the machine. This foot is suppose to be comparable to the Pfaff IDT foot. I own an old metal Pfaff with the IDT foot and speaking from experience, comparing it to the 8200, I don't feel it is comparable. It works ok, but not as good as the built-in IDT foot. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:15 AM

I have the Janome 8900. It is a great machine. It has a very wide harp-11". Makes a beautiful stitch, and has the Acufeed foot. It has a good serpentine stitch that I use a lot. I payed around $2400 for mine which included the table that fits around it. Love it! I agree that you need to sit down to try any machine you are interested in buying. You can then tell which one "feels" right for you. That's what I did. Good luck to you. This is a great time to buy. There are lots of sales going on.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:57 AM

I have it, love it, got mine on a trade in, don't remember what my $$ amount was.
That said, I also love my old Singer 404 straight stitch machine from the 60's. at this stage in my sewing life I seldom use anything but a straight stitch. $100.00 bucks vs that $2400 bucks mentioned? Wish I'd thought of that before I kicked in my own $$'s. I do love it for machine quilting though, that 11" harp makes an amazing difference and the lighting is out of this world.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM

This board has had many threads about the 8900. Put 8900 in the search at top of page. I paid $2400 for it. Also consider the JUKI 2010. It is only a straight stitch but has rave reviews. It is $1000.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:18 PM

I paid about $2400 for my 8900 last spring. Love, love, love this machine. Serpentine stitch is very nice and my FMQ has improved so much since I got this machine. Accufeed works great, too.