Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
2 kenmores ,another Craigs list what are they smoking >

2 kenmores ,another Craigs list what are they smoking

2 kenmores ,another Craigs list what are they smoking

Old 02-11-2015, 04:50 AM

Default 2 kenmores ,another Craigs list what are they smoking

[h=2]the listing says $40 futher down in the ad it listed higher prices, but reading the ad and looking at the pics, what Kenmores are they trying to sell. no where does it list the models or does it really show the bobbins or lack there of.-------

2 Kenmore Sewing Machine in Wood Cabinet - $40 (Fultondale)[/h]< >

I have 2 Kenmore Sewing Machines both in wood cabinet, both have lots of extras. $50.00 each or $85.00 for both. Must pickup in Fultondale I WILL NOT ANSWER EMAILS please call or text Thanks
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 4886310579
posted: 14 hours ago
Old 02-11-2015, 06:09 AM

I have a Kenmore very similar to the first one - that thing is built like a TANK. Mine takes standard class 15 bobbins. I really like it, good solid strong machine and I even like the looks of it. Mine takes cams, this one looks like it has a stitch selector so might be younger than mine.

The brown Kenmore looks older but I am not familiar with it. Kind of looks like same finish on a Kenmore I have that was made by White in the late 40's but very different body style from what I can see.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 AM

Could be they dropped the price and didn't change the text in the ad. Hard to say. The second Kenmore is an early example of planned obsolescence. My understanding from Joe is they were sold as never needing oiling. The cover of the instruction manual actually says that. People would run them until they seized then have to take them in for servicing (where they were then oiled) or buy a new machine.
Sears was a leader in the area of bad ideas.
Rodney
Old 02-11-2015, 08:28 AM

The white Kenmore looks to be a Maruzen/Jaguar machine. Well worth the $40.00 asking price.

The brown one is one of those early junque machines made by the New Process Gear division of Chrysler Corp. JUNK, JUNK, JUNK. Not worth $4.00 let alone 40.00.

JMNSHO, YMMV, and so on.

Joe
Old 02-11-2015, 10:43 AM

in this area, this price thing got very common. I'd say as hi as 35% of the ads would be listed lower than the price being ask by the seller, any time I called there price would be the hi price,

often it was only a 10$ difference. butt at times it would be a 40% difference, It began to look like C/L was doing this. I would ask the seller of course they didn't know about it. ( so They say)

which than made me wonder if there in a sale groups that tells them to list low and sell hi. the catcher to get you to open the add. all this seems to have stopped over this last year.

I have told some that I won't buy from adds like this, you better pay a bit more attention to your listings.
Old 02-11-2015, 02:48 PM

I've always had people honor the low price. But then I won't buy at the high price.
Rodney