Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
1800's Singer documents on Etsy >

1800's Singer documents on Etsy

1800's Singer documents on Etsy

Old 06-21-2015, 06:32 AM

Default 1800's Singer documents on Etsy

Anybody interested in some 1860's-1870's docs from Singer, Co?

I was browsing around this morning and found a couple listings on Etsy, "Keep them as is, or use them in your art journals or mixed media work."

Ouch! I have no idea what these are worth (if anything) but thought there might be someone here interested in these for their contents.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2347091...?ref=related-0

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2346836..._home_active_5
Old 06-21-2015, 08:58 AM

This stuff was printed in the 1860s! Let's make a collage!
I don't know how much paper is left from the 1860s and 70s but you would think it might be more important than just as raw material for an art project.
Rodney
Old 06-21-2015, 09:36 AM

Thanks for posting that, Sewnoma. I didn't know things like that were posted on Etsy!
I bought them. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I didn't want them turned into an art project. I wonder if there's a historical society that might want them.
Now, to find the proper materials to store them in...
Ila
Old 06-21-2015, 11:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by iadhikari View Post
Thanks for posting that, Sewnoma. I didn't know things like that were posted on Etsy!
I bought them. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I didn't want them turned into an art project. I wonder if there's a historical society that might want them.
Now, to find the proper materials to store them in...
Ila
Good for you! I'm glad someone here got them. I keep hoping someday I'll find an OSMG's stash of literature from the 50s and 60s about Brother machines. As it is, I have to be content with buying magazine ads.

Cari
Old 06-22-2015, 01:20 AM

you never know what may show up. Earlier this year (or late last year) a collection of NOS brochures showed up on eBay. Seller was helping to sell off stock that was in a building that housed a sewing repair shop. Machines were long gone, but a lot of smalller stuff was still there. Shop had closed back in the 50's and nothing had been done with it since.

So I got several new condition manuals from the 1920's -1940's
Old 06-22-2015, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by iadhikari View Post
Thanks for posting that, Sewnoma. I didn't know things like that were posted on Etsy! I bought them. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I didn't want them turned into an art project. I wonder if there's a historical society that might want them. Now, to find the proper materials to store them in... Ila
Thank YOU both - Sewnoma & Ila I wasn't able to see what they were when I was on my other computer but I agree that they should be preserved intact. I'm sure there are archival page protectors. Since scanners and printers do such a great job these days, one would think that if you wanted to - you could make COPIES to put in art project. Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:46 AM

GOOD! I'm glad someone picked them up. I was tempted to rescue them myself, but I don't really have good paper storage set up and wouldn't be a very good custodian of them.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
GOOD! I'm glad someone picked them up. I was tempted to rescue them myself, but I don't really have good paper storage set up and wouldn't be a very good custodian of them.
I was tempted too, even had the first listing in my sewing machine treasury, but I'm not into Singers so I passed. And they do sell archival sleeve protectors, though keeping paper dry and out of the sun is 80% of preserving them
Old 06-22-2015, 03:52 PM

SteveH may be interested... he posted original Singer correspondence a few months ago. Send him a PM?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage...ml#post7032565

Last edited by sews; 06-22-2015 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:13 PM
Banned

lol, I already PM'd hehehe