Necchi

Old 07-06-2015, 03:37 AM

Default Necchi

I picked this up on CL got it for $25.00. I know nothing about these machines. Can you help please, any info or where I can find info? Are they good machines? TIA
Attached Thumbnails 00t0t_eeqknikwjac_600x450.jpg  
Old 07-06-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by GlendaM View Post
I picked this up on CL got it for $25.00. I know nothing about these machines. Can you help please, any info or where I can find info? Are they good machines? TIA
Google is your friend, and yes.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Excellent machines and you go a great deal. Might want to check out the Necchi Sewing Machine Club Yahoo Group. Lots of info in their files and active group.

It is fantastic that you have cams and the manual... and I think I see attachments as well. Just oil her up and have a go Looks like you are all set.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:57 AM

I learned to sew on my Mom's Supernova. She purchased hers in 1955 for $500. I found the receipt in 2013 when cleaning out my parent's house. If you bought that machine in today's money it would cost you around $4300. That machine is quieter than most machines today. Read your manual. It threads different than today's machines. I have trouble with sewing machine needles staying in. I usually have to wrap a single layer of tape around the top to make the needle big enough to stay in the machine. Schmetz needles were recomended for older machines, but I still had a problem.
This is now my primary machine and I am still getting re-acquainted with it, but I am so glad my Mom never traded it in for a newer machine.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:28 AM

If I can ever make it through the stack in my garage, I've got one of these! No idea whether or not it works as of now. It's in a large cabinet, and I have another large cabinet, a small cabinet, a FW table, and a whole lot of suitcases to get past! Eventually the suitcases will migrate to the back and the Necchi to the front!!
Old 07-08-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by MFord View Post
If I can ever make it through the stack in my garage, I've got one of these!
Well you won't be sorry you got it out. You might be sorry you didn't do it sooner though. I have one now that I can't wait to get working again. The motor failed on it and I loved it so much that I bought another in a treadle cabinet. Just watch it do an embroidery stitch: I was amazed at how good it was. Very smooth and fast with beautiful stitches.
Supernovas and the Pfaff 260 are the most pleasing machines I've used but the Necchi has the edge for style.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:34 AM

Thank you all so much. The machine is in the city my daughter lives in. She is picking it up today. I'll get it from her next weekend. I can't wait.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:20 PM

ManicMike - I got three machines out of the garage room today and one ready to go in my car (for our church). That leaves the FW table in the way until I get a bracket mounted, then some fiddling to get the machine and it's large cabinet out where I can work on it! I also have a large cabinet that one of my Bernina 830's came in - can't decide whether or not to keep it. It isn't beautiful, but the machine can drop down out of the way and it has lots of drawers...decisions...!
Old 07-10-2015, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by MFord View Post
ManicMike - I got three machines out of the garage room today and one ready to go in my car (for our church). That leaves the FW table in the way until I get a bracket mounted, then some fiddling to get the machine and it's large cabinet out where I can work on it! I also have a large cabinet that one of my Bernina 830's came in - can't decide whether or not to keep it. It isn't beautiful, but the machine can drop down out of the way and it has lots of drawers...decisions...!
Margaret, I can confidently predict you'll love your supernova when you get to try it out. They're oil addicts but really lovely to use.
You should get rid of the Bernina cabinet just because you don't love it
Old 07-17-2015, 11:16 AM
KLO

I was just looking at one of these locally. Does anyone know if it is easy to find the cams and it does use standard 15 bobbins correct? You are right, I don't need it but they are so nifty looking and I love that round needle plate.