Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt pattern >

Quilt pattern

Quilt pattern

Old 08-27-2015, 05:31 PM

Default Quilt pattern

I have a request: would you please go to UNDER QUILTED COVERS blog and the quilt at the main page -- can anyone tell me where to find the pattern. Cheri from UNDER QUILTED COVERS told me it was in Leisure Arts Quick & Easy Scrap quilt book....I have the book and the quilt isn't in it. Cheri wonders if they change patterns with different printings of the book....I don't know just would like to find the pattern. Any help would be appreciated....
Old 08-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

I don't know what it is that you are asking. Sorry... But is the quilt in one of the members pictures albums? (I an hoping there will be a quilt similar there to get the name of it.)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...07-albums.html
Old 08-27-2015, 05:59 PM

Is it the quilt with the 30's fabric at the top?

http://underquiltedcovers.blogspot.com

It looks like a combo of honey bee and ??? Maybe Drunkard's Path?
Old 08-27-2015, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Did she tell you the name of the pattern, or just said it's from this book?
Old 08-27-2015, 08:30 PM

I have that book too, and I didn't see it. Did Cheri give you a page number where the quilt appears in her book? I'm wondering if she's maybe getting that book mixed up with a different Leisure Arts book?
Old 08-28-2015, 02:41 AM

If it's the one in the blog header, it's from "Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns", which is also by Leisure Arts Books. I don't have the book here, so I can't tell you what page it's on, but it's featured on the back cover of the book in the top right-hand corner:

I love the pattern - and it's the reason I bought the book! Although I haven't made it yet. This book is loaded with tons of great quilt patterns!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-28-2015 at 05:04 AM. Reason: remove copyright pic, should have used link
Old 08-28-2015, 04:56 AM

This one has been on my bucket list for a few years...it is called "Flower Reel" and it is on page 118 of the book mentioned above by cindi.
Old 08-28-2015, 05:17 AM

I don't have the encyclopedia of quilt blocks, but I know I have seen that pattern in a book I own. Unfortunately, I am packing for vacation today and don't have much time to dive into the quilt book stacks! Oxmoor usually uses their patterns in more that one book, so maybe I saw it in a diff book. It looks like it would be pretty easy to draft yourself.
Draw a sq the size you want to make your block. Find a saucer, drinking glass, coffee mug that makes an arc you like and mark it in four corners. You get to choose if you applique them or piece them. The little flowers are just 2 circles (quarter dime size?) with a basic leaf pattern. The rest of the blocks are a solid piece. I will keep looking as I take breaks and let you know if I find it.
Old 08-28-2015, 07:12 AM

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU LADIES so much I knew where to find the BEST help ever..... It is the Encyclopedia of Classic Quilt Patterns just like Cindi said....THANKS SO MUCH YOUR AWESOME and you've made my day....
Old 08-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

OMG! Did anyone else continue reading and see the quilt show on the Wolf's Farm? How cute! I think the tractor metal art made from old sewing machines were really neat!