Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New tute on MSQC >

New tute on MSQC

New tute on MSQC

Old 11-20-2015, 06:06 AM

Default New tute on MSQC

...Andes quilt with Mary Fons and her new fabric line.......
Old 11-20-2015, 06:32 AM

I like the pattern very much, but not so fond of the fabrics used. I'm too old I guess. And I liked it when she turned the stars around. That brought out the center square better.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Didn't have chance to watchit but saw where Jenny had the Hunter's star. Was looking for best way to do Hunter's Star and knew she would eventually have the easiest inexpensive (no special $30+ ruler). Am only going to be using 2-3 so it shouldn't be so hard/complicated. The Andes just might be the answer for another. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Didn't have chance to watchit but saw where Jenny had the Hunter's star. Was looking for best way to do Hunter's Star and knew she would eventually have the easiest inexpensive (no special $30+ ruler). Am only going to be using 2-3 so it shouldn't be so hard/complicated. The Andes just might be the answer for another. Thanks for sharing.
I liked Jenny's Hunter's Star (I've always loved that pattern), but she makes it a little differently than the usual layout. There are squares in hers that are not in others. Another way to make a pretty pattern.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

I think if she had used only couple different fabric instead of such multiple prints it would have looked better. I looked at her squares and they are more broken down than some others. Many ways to make the HS Jinny Beyer has a few patterns and this is similar.
Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
I liked Jenny's Hunter's Star (I've always loved that pattern), but she makes it a little differently than the usual layout. There are squares in hers that are not in others. Another way to make a pretty pattern.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

It didn't appeal to me so I just deleted the email.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I think if she had used only couple different fabric instead of such multiple prints it would have looked better. I looked at her squares and they are more broken down than some others. Many ways to make the HS Jinny Beyer has a few patterns and this is similar.
I have seen a beautiful Hunter's Star made with many different colors and it was very beautiful, but they were all dark colors with very light backgrounds. I think Jenny used too many big prints and light prints where we are used to seeing darks.
Jenny's Hunter's Star is beautiful, too, but I would prefer to change out those lights and large prints.