My Happy Place

Old 01-27-2016, 12:04 PM

Default My Happy Place

I have been very inspired by the ladies on this board and the wonderful areas they have created for themselves to quilt in! So lovely!

I've decided to share my little area. Now, keep in mind that I have 7 children, homeschooling, and we live in a three bedroom house. I can't afford to claim a whole room to myself yet, but will definitely after the kids are grown and gone. For now, I am very thankful for the area I was able to claim when we moved into our house last summer.

Also, my area is multipurpose: Play room, Home school books/supplies, and sewing/crafts for everyone, not just me. Anyway, here it is:

This is my sewing area, with design wall. I have a little place to the right of the machine, and a regular ironing board off the left corner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541251[/ATTACH]

This is on the other side of the room. This is my new Juki sewing machine that I use for quilting. LOVE IT!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541252[/ATTACH]

Humble though it may be, it is a blessing to me.

Happy sewing!

~Lisa
Attached Thumbnails sewing-area-resized.jpg   quiltingarearesized.jpg  
Old 01-27-2016, 01:37 PM
Power Poster

​Looks as cozy as my sewing nook, I don't have a whole room either.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:30 PM

Oh my gosh, it reminds me of my life years ago. I'm happy to hear of your gratitude for what you have, bless you and keep on quilting. It is so uplifting. I have a large sewing room now, could be called a studio, its just me and none of my children. Life does change and I've been grateful for all of it. I'm so happy for you and the space you do have.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:53 PM

Wow! You sound like an AMAZING woman!!! When my three children were little, and they went to school... I STILL didn't have time to sew much. My machine mostly was in a closet. Lol!

Looks fantastic!!!
Old 01-27-2016, 05:04 PM

Your happy place looks wonderful. I homeschooled five kids for 17 years and had to share space for my sewing. It used to be part of our kitchen table, then graduated to a corner in our bedroom and finally had an larger area in our downstairs family room.

Many happy days homeschooling and quilting are ahead of you. It is lovely to have family around you because all too soon they are all grown-up and out on their own.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:18 PM

Your "space" looks great. Just keep on sewing and one day you will have a whole room.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:35 AM

Homeschooling 7 kids AND you find time to sew/quilt???? You must be nominated Superwoman!!! Love your sewing space....and love your positive attitude and gratitude! If you turn your table perpendicular to the wall, you can sew and still watch the kids!
Old 01-29-2016, 04:19 AM

You are blessed... it sounds like you have a loving home with seven children and your gratitude is inspirational. Enjoy your little piece of heaven. I also noticed you have a little sound system at your work space. I love to sew to music.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:10 AM

Bless your heart! My daughter has 8 children and homeschools all of them, well, now two are in college, but they have all been homeschooled. Her house is larger than yours, but yours is much neater. I know how much goes into these children's lives and education and I often wonder how any of you do it. I applaud all of you out there.
Old 01-29-2016, 02:02 PM

I homeschooled for a few years as well and sewed at night in the dining room. Now I have my own room and the kids are grown and have their own families. I like your room. It looks peaceful and neat.