Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016) >

April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016)

April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016)

Old 02-26-2016, 05:33 PM

Default April I SPy Swap Open ( Until April 9th, 2016)

Hello Swappers,

Please read this entire post carefully before you sign up for the swap!

April I Spy Swap:
Signups are open until April 9th
Swaps need to be in my hands by April 23rd

Who's up for swapping I Spy squares again? It's time!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take your time cutting and be sure you have correct 5" squares. I will not be taking any squares out of their bags, to check the cuts. In one of our swaps I unfortunately had to return bundles of squares that were cut too small or not fussy cut, and I spent hours trimming ones that were cut too big. This time, your name will be on every one of your bags and if your squares are found to be cut wrong, you will be expected to send replacements to whoever received the bad ones, in order to stay in good standing as an I Spy swapper. Nobody wants to deal with that hassle and extra expense, so please take the time to cut well and check your squares before you put them in those bags. Lets have all good squares this time.

Please pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the new cutting and packaging method.

CUTTING/PACKAGING METHOD:
We will be sending 10 DIFFERENT fabrics in each bag we swap. All your bags can have the same mixture in them, or different, but you cannot repeat fabrics in any one bag. We will be swapping bag for bag, so there must be 10 different fabrics in each bag. Please put your board name and state on every bag you are swapping. For instance, "owlvamp, North Carolina" for mine...

You may swap either 8 bags or 16 bags. You will get 8- 5" squares in one width of fabric, PROVIDING your print does not require fussy cutting. If it does, you will get less cuts out your yardage. PLEASE FUSSY CUT if your print requires it. Send the kind of nice squares you hope to receive. Choose to make and swap either 8 or 16 bags. Anything less than 8 is not cost-effective for you (shipping) and is not time-effective for me. So either 8 or 16, please.

THE USUAL 'STUFF':
1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

2. Try and find new prints you have not sent before or seen in the swap, if at all possible. We all like new stuff! Please select prints that would be acceptable in a child's quilt. No flowers, lines, stars, geometrics. We need recognizable objects.

3. THEN, pm me (owlvamp) and tell me you want to join and how many bags you intend to swap. I need your real name and address. I will respond to you with my mailing address for you to mail your swaps to me.

4. Put all your swap baggies in one big ziplock with your name and mailing address, as well as your board name. That will keep them together in your package and if it happens to get torn open in shipment, your address will be there for the P.O. to return to you. Speaking of "torn open"... those paper flat rate envelopes are the pits. They tear so easily, especially with lumpy contents in them. Do yourself a favor and use something better-- like the Tyvek envelopes or padded flat rate envelopes. You have to order the latter from the post office online, in packages of 10, but they are free. If you do it NOW, you will have your envelopes in time to mail.

5. Postage: I will Be taking these straight to the post office and ship in the padded flat rate envelopes. Please send a return address label. The price of shipping has just taken a big jump. It now costs $6.80 for the padded flat rate envelope. Please send cash Or stamps. Hide it among the baggies or in a Baggie of its own . Just let me know where to look for it. Thanks

Remember to send in what you would like to receive back.
Let’s have tons of fun, and of course you have to follow all the basic QB swap rules, found here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

TO SIGN UP, send me a pm with your name, address, and how many sets you want to swap (8 or 16). Then get cutting!
Old 02-27-2016, 04:06 PM

Am I the first one? Count me in!
Old 02-28-2016, 08:04 AM

I am in also!
Old 02-28-2016, 01:26 PM

Wonderful ladies I have you down.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:35 PM

I would like in for April, I have started cutting. Sounds like great fun.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:29 PM

Good to see you back to hosting - had some eye surgeries and had to miss the one just finishing up. Count me in...will cut soon and let you know whether 8 or 16 - probably 16 bags.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:55 PM

I have you down rbwiese and thank you it's good to be back. Don't forget to send address info to me please.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2016, 11:19 AM

Hello all, I'm interested in joining but as I have not made an I Spy Quilt before I have some questions. I know what they are and now that my grand babies are grade school age it's a great time to make a few.

First what kind of fabrics....are kids fabrics used for this? And second "fuzzy cutting" I know what it is...kind off...I'm fuzzing cutting honeycomb shapes right now for a "Patches of the Cross" quilt. But for this swap we cut images and send them as well as the 5 inch blocks....then the images are used in a back grown block along with the other blocks. Any clarification will be appreciated, thank you all.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:47 AM

Irene C. Yes children's 100 % cotton fabric is used for this swap.

1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

Fussy cutting means if the print is to big you need to make sure it's in the middle and not half or quarter of an object. For instant if you were cutting up an elephant you want to center it and not have a leg in one block and a trunk in another block. Etc.....

This swap is only for 5" blocks . Just buy printed children's fabric and cut it in 5" blocks.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:34 AM

Thank you Sandra for all the great information and the fuzzy cut clarification.

I enjoy making charm packs, this will be fun to make some out of kids fabric.

I would like to participate.