Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Inklingo by Linda Franz? >

Inklingo by Linda Franz?

Inklingo by Linda Franz?

Old 04-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Default Inklingo by Linda Franz?

Hi all,
I just stumbled across the Inklingo by Linda Franz website. It looks like a pretty nifty idea...The YouTube video says they have a free page of the shapes so it can be tried out to see how you like it. I haven't checked it all out in depth yet, but I'm planning to do so. Anyone else heard of and use it? If so, how do you like it?

http://www.lindafranz.com/blog/what-is-inklingo/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odz-9n...ature=youtu.be

Regards,
Kif
Old 04-22-2016, 06:52 PM

I can't get fabric through our printer, so I haven't looked into trying it. A fascinating idea, though. I really don't like making templates or tracing shapes onto fabric.
Old 04-23-2016, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

I have Inklingo. Honestly, it's a pain to access on the computer. I feel like I'm jumping through hoops. You buy it but it isn't really yours, more like borrowing it. There is a limit how many times you can use it too. And you have to get the owner's permission to reinstate it, verbally! Try the free downloads. You may love it. Many do. I heard there was a new software coming out that will allow you to print templates on fabric and it's on a cd.

Last edited by Onebyone; 04-23-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2016, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Hi all,
I just stumbled across the Inklingo by Linda Franz website. It looks like a pretty nifty idea...The YouTube video says they have a free page of the shapes so it can be tried out to see how you like it. I haven't checked it all out in depth yet, but I'm planning to do so. Anyone else heard of and use it? If so, how do you like it?

Regards,
Kif
I tried it once. The "free" download took several tries, and an email, as it didn't work. However, I finally did get to try printing. The "tips" are already eliminated so lining up the pieces is easy. I was using an old Lexmark Inkjet 7300 and the ink worked great. There may be better methods out there. I think just cutting my own is easier. AND there are acrylic templets for almost any shape you'd ever want.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:49 AM

Hi Kif, I'm glad you stumbled across my website! Unfortunately, there is some incorrect information on this page already. For example, Inklingo downloads never expire and there is no limit on the number of times you can use it. I always recommend starting with the free shape collection, so please visit the Main Beginner's Page on the website. It includes a short video. I don't think I can post a direct link here. If you have any questions, please email me at linda @ lindafranz.com. I am happy to help with any questions you might have. Happy Quilting!
Old 04-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

I'm too scared to try with my old H/P printer.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:07 PM

I have Inklingo.
1. I have to use the downloaded link given to me in the email to get the download instructions
2. I go to the download page, download, and then I have to login when it opens
3. Then I get this: This Page Is Protected. Please click this link to be directed to the Login Form.
4. Link doesn't work. Takes me back to the login page. Enter login info and takes me back to the This Page is Protected.
The file downloaded to my computer does not open the file with printing pages, it gives you a log in page every time. And if I remember there was an access limit on the file. I haven't opened the file in a long time though.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:45 AM

I tried it...not really my fav thing to do..... But I do have her two books and have "played" with the freezer paper, ruler, pencil drawing onto the fabric...her hand technique of putting pattern on fabric is very thorough and precise......I need to have a sewing line when I'm hand piecing.... I just have trouble meneuvering on her website and printer printing...probably because I do not use the computer enough to be really efficient at it, and if I remember, the site uses adobe--again I'm not proficient in that program.....but those who have mastered that, swear by Inklingo! Like all techniques, I believe one has to at least try, then decide what works best.......maybe one day, I'll try again and have a different opinion...
Old 04-24-2016, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

I have used these for EPP. Makes the work easy.
peace
Old 04-24-2016, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Hi all,

Regards,
Kif
i absolutely love it! I am bed bound a lot & having these shapes printed that I can cut & sew from bed, life changing for me! Sanity saving. My DH bought me a $99 Epson printer just for fabric (not necessary, he just didn't like resetting the sizes every time he wanted to print something) & it is the bomb.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548592[/ATTACH]

I'm in Boom 16 and here are some of my blocks. Top row right, middle row all, bottom row center & right block are all Inklingo. I love it!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by GramE; 04-24-2016 at 10:13 PM.