Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hi got my mojo back >

Hi got my mojo back

Hi got my mojo back

Old 08-03-2016, 07:19 AM

Default Hi got my mojo back

Well it has been awhile since I did much in the way of quilting and quite a while since I visited here. Since 2011 and all the trauma we went thru I think I have at last got my mojo back. I have a friend in a nursing home and she asked me to make her a quilt she loves cats and I found some material that I never thought I would see again on eBay it was the cat material that I made my first quilt from for my bed and lost in the fire. I also was able to buy the border fabric as well. I made her a quilt from some of it and still have plenty left to make another for myself, I have also made 3 quilt tops and lots of bags and bits and pieces. Just not sure how to reduce the size of the pictures to post them on here.when I find out how I will update this message.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:37 AM

So glad you are sewing again ! It means so much to have something you love to keep you busy. Hope you can post some pictures.��
Old 08-03-2016, 07:40 AM

Welcome back litacats. So sorry to hear that you've had so much going on that it "stole" your will to create. But, it sounds like timing is everything. And, it now your time to CREATE again. What a nice surprise to find a fabric on Ebay that meant so much to you. Please make sure to mark the quilt very carefully with your friends name and what not. I am sure she will love the quilt you make and bring her much her much warmth and comfort from a friend.

I am not sure how to re-size pictures on my computer. I use a free host, photobucket.com to do all my photo re-sizing. I wrote a step by step tutorial on how to use Photobucket in my blog here on the quilt board if you choose to open a FREE account with them. They don't ask for any banking or credit card info, and they don't require any subscriptions and don't ask for any personal info that you wouldn't want to give on the net. And, I don't receive any kick backs of any kind for suggesting them. I just use them myself. And have been happy with the service they provide.
Old 08-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Power Poster

I got a free program with my scanner called Adobe PhotoDeluxe. The scanner broke years ago but I just adore this program. There must be somthing out there to resize. Does you camera have a selection where you can choose a size??
Old 08-03-2016, 08:25 AM

I am glad you are back quilting again. That has to feel good.

Dina
Old 08-03-2016, 08:27 AM

Welcome back! What a nice thing to do for a friend. And to find fabric that brings back good memories is always a plus!
Old 08-03-2016, 08:42 AM

Glad you are feeling more like yourself again - isn't ebay amazing?
A year ago we had a power outage that resulted in about an inch of water over our basement floor. Ripped out carpets and threw out wet boxes and thought we were good - until I opened a sealed plastic tote containing all of our Christmas linens. There was a crack in the bottom of the tote and everything in it was moldy beyond rescue.
Most devastating was the loss of my son's family Christmas stockings that I had made (his was from 1980).
I was able to find a kit on ebay of that stocking from way back then!!
Also found a replacement kit for my DGS and DDIL stockings too!! I felt so blessed
Old 08-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

Nice to see you! My mojo comes and goes and glad to know yours is back now.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:22 PM

Isn't it great when we get back to sewing and creating! Glad you are back with us!
Old 08-04-2016, 04:29 AM

How nice to help a friend and yourself at the same time! Hope you figure the picture thing out so we can see your quilts.

Last edited by red-warrior; 08-04-2016 at 04:30 AM. Reason: line dropped