Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Edge Joining Foot for an Elna? >

Edge Joining Foot for an Elna?

Edge Joining Foot for an Elna?

Old 08-04-2016, 06:07 AM

Default Edge Joining Foot for an Elna?

I have an Elna Carina SU model 65. Pictured in this posting: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t189552.html

I am looking for an edge joining foot for this machine. Not sure if the universal one on Amazon, even though it is low shank, will fit the machine. I contacted an online sewing machine store and the rep said that I should take my machine to a store that carries them and try them out. Before I do that, I thought I would ask those of you who have this machine if you have found one of these feet that fit the machine. It also does Stitch in the Ditch which I can do with my zipper foot. It looks like this (from an article about the foot on Craftsy):http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/04/...-presser-foot/

Thanks. I have also sent Elna a message but not sure what their turnaround time is for a response.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
I have an Elna Carina SU model 65. Pictured in this posting: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...c-t189552.html

I am looking for an edge joining foot for this machine. Not sure if the universal one on Amazon, even though it is low shank, will fit the machine. I contacted an online sewing machine store and the rep said that I should take my machine to a store that carries them and try them out. Before I do that, I thought I would ask those of you who have this machine if you have found one of these feet that fit the machine. It also does Stitch in the Ditch which I can do with my zipper foot. It looks like this (from an article about the foot on Craftsy):http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/04/...-presser-foot/

Thanks. I have also sent Elna a message but not sure what their turnaround time is for a response.
If you don't get any answers, you could order the universal foot. If it doesn't fit, Amazon is pretty good about returns.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:44 AM

If it's low shank it should fit, but if you're looking for a foot to quilt with you should buy a walking foot.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

I never really found generic feet to work well on my Bernina. If you order anything, make sure what the return policy is.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:02 PM

I have an Elna 740 and it fits all the low shank feet, including Janome ones (which was great as when I traded from a Janome to the Elna, I kept all the extra feet I bought ).
That foot is great for edge stitching, stitch in the ditch, and as long as it has the wide needle space, it makes a great foot for butting two pieces of (scrap) batting together and then using a wide zig zag to join them together. I have used up almost all my larger scraps of batting in this way.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:17 AM

Heard back from Elna. They recommended I go to a local Elna Dealer with the machine and try out the foot. Looks like a road trip is needed.