Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Uncommon Thread/Speed Stitch >

Uncommon Thread/Speed Stitch

Uncommon Thread/Speed Stitch

Old 09-27-2016, 05:41 PM

Thumbs up Uncommon Thread/Speed Stitch

I want to let everyone know about a recent customer service experience with this company. I've ordered before, but I'm so slow to complete things, it hasn't been very frequently.

Despite this, when I ordered thread a few days ago and wrote in the comment section that matching the new Mettler numbers to the old ones in my thread chart had been more of an adventure than I'd planned on, the owner (or manager) called me within a few minutes to see if a) I was ok with a shipment going out in a few days because they were out of one color and b) to see if I'd even ordered the right numbers.

Then, when I told him I'd been dithering about the greens and what I was looking for, he recommended one, went into the storeroom, took pictures, and sent them while we were talking! I ended up changing it at his suggestion.

He was, at the time, waiting for UPS to pick up an $800 order. Mine was $25. That spoke volumes, I think.

Hugs,
Charlotte
Old 09-27-2016, 05:50 PM

Wow! I will happily add this company to my list of favored vendors!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:02 PM

That's great, Charlotte. Thanks for letting us know. Speed stitch is affiliated with Uncommon Thread now? Interesting . . .
Old 09-27-2016, 11:43 PM

Unbelievable! That type of customer service isn't found very often today. In today's world of technology, the "personal" touch tends to get lost.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
That's great, Charlotte. Thanks for letting us know. Speed stitch is affiliated with Uncommon Thread now? Interesting . . .
On my first order - 6 years ago, maybe - when I typed in SpeedStitch, it went to Uncommon Thread. Don't know anything beyond that. I do remember that they sent one spool from another dye lot that differed too much for satin stitching, and when I called, they were very quick to send a replacement.

charlotte