Obsessions

Old 11-09-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Obsessions

Guess I'd have to call it an obsession. Can't resist picking up those "Lil Fat Notebooks" and journals. My feet automatically pitter pat to the stationery isle when shopping and I peruse the shelves for some new delight. Maybe it's the shiny, happy covers, the smell of the paper, the width of the space between the lines or............

What about you ???
Old 11-09-2016, 07:40 PM
Power Poster

I love to get planners with pretty covers. The one where the whole month is laid out in front of you and you have a few other pages to write more notes in. I also use them similar to journals. I can go back and see why I had to change plans. I have to have a pretty pen, doesn't need to be expensive but pretty and feels good in the hand. I get the 'Lil Fat Notebooks" also. I go through those a lot. Funny too, I get either purple, pink or a magenta (line). I use pencil also in my calendar/planner.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

i like the little ones with sparkly covers, the design that goes on every page is even better. And better yet, if it has a matching pen! Goldmine!!! i got one at Michaels, it was about 3 " x 3".The cover had a magnet on it, and it was glittery, and the butterfly design went on each page! i want more like that. I did see them in one of those ritzy card/gift stores for about $5-6. I got it at Michaels in the dollar spot. I',m a sucker for them, those dollar spots at Target and the aisle at Micheals
Old 11-09-2016, 09:57 PM

I can totally relate too. Especially for journals - and I don't even keep one. (I used to when i was a kid, but once I got married I was afraid someone would read it and misunderstand my context so decided it was better just to not do it.) So I use them for keeping notes now for my quilts I plan out.

The other things that catch my attention are pretty boxes. Boxes that stationary comes in, or just pretty boxes, wooden boxes, paper boxes. And really how many does one person need? I had to quit buy my Longaberger baskets because I just had to many I didn't even know what to put in them all.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:32 AM

I like the tiny little address books. I found one at Joanns a couple of years ago for my husband to keep his passwords in. It worked out so well for him that I thought I would get one for myself. They did not have any left , have never seen one since! I am on a quest to find another. I know...there are programs for this, but I like to have some things written down even if the book has to live in the safe!!
Old 11-10-2016, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I can totally relate too. Especially for journals - and I don't even keep one. (I used to when i was a kid, but once I got married I was afraid someone would read it and misunderstand my context so decided it was better just to not do it.) So I use them for keeping notes now for my quilts I plan out.

The other things that catch my attention are pretty boxes. Boxes that stationary comes in, or just pretty boxes, wooden boxes, paper boxes. And really how many does one person need? I had to quit buy my Longaberger baskets because I just had to many I didn't even know what to put in them all.
i too had a journal/ diary as a young single woman, but burned them when I married.........now, I think Facebook is the modern version of...so I am told, I don't participate.

i am drawn to hat boxes and pretty tins....I do put projects into them.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 AM

I keep journals and special yearly calendar books, love anything Mary Englebreit. Bright colors attract me.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:48 AM

I also love journals and pretty notebooks. I have one by every sitting area in the house to jot down thoughts and ideas. I'm obsessed with kitchen gadgets. Apparently I can't have too many whisks or measuring things or spatulas.
Old 11-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Totally different obsession...pyjamas.

All types, from flannels to silks.

They are something that I can treat myself to that aren't too expensive but are comfy and don't have to please anyone but me.

Watson
Old 11-10-2016, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

I keep buying empty page ones for my youngest grandchild. The last one i got had cute animals on the cover.