Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ideas needed for center medallion for Dear Jane quilt >

Ideas needed for center medallion for Dear Jane quilt

Ideas needed for center medallion for Dear Jane quilt

Old 01-15-2017, 06:26 AM

Default Ideas needed for center medallion for Dear Jane quilt

I have procrastinated long enough. I started a Dear Jane quilt years ago and have done around 50 blocks. I have decided to finish up the quilt using the blocks I have made and am going to set these blocks around a center appliquéd medallion. I have searched for months and cannot decide on a pattern. I wanted to ask here on the forum for any ideas that you might have and maybe links to some appliqué sites. I really want something that is time period appropriate and not too elaborate. TIA

Nona
Old 01-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

there are several ideas here: https://www.google.com/search?q=cent...HdgSA4gQsAQILw
personally, I like the one in the fourth row to the left.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
there are several ideas here: https://www.google.com/search?q=cent...HdgSA4gQsAQILw
personally, I like the one in the fourth row to the left.
Thanks for the link QuiltnNan ... and now you have me dreaming of finishing my DJ!!
It WILL get done in 2017!However, I am unsure which one you are meaning.
Depending on what zoom level we are at, the placements in that link vary
... I tried upping/downing but am left uncertain which one you are meaning as nothing ended up where you stated.

Pewa88 ... The one that really caught my attention is down six rows (on my monitor ... see note above) ... it's after an Hawaiian DJ and before a cream/red DJ. What I really liked was how the medallion is created with DJ blocks. Very effective IMHO! Good Luck ... at deciding and then at finishing too!
Old 01-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Power Poster

This is the one I meant. I don't do Pinterest and the image was on pinterest... but I found it another way http://bethschillig.com/quilts/JEEPERS_Its_Jane.html
I might try this layout for one of my started Janes... I bought a background fabric that I really liked, but it doesn't show up well in each block. but with this layout, I wouldn't have to finish all of the blocks and will be able to see my pretty background fabric.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for finding this one QuiltnNan ... I never expected it to be the one that you were looking at ... 4th row first vs. 6th row 2nd last!

I don't do Pinterest either and could see the colours in the mini we could see, but not enough to know what was happening. WOW .... I like it even more now, with the colours plus the medallion-style centre!

Looks like between the three of us, there are going to be some new DJs getting finished up this year. Mine is all different blues with the white background constant .... and no, I did not stick with the traditional setting.