Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 15-91 Another plea for help!!!! >

Singer 15-91 Another plea for help!!!!

Singer 15-91 Another plea for help!!!!

Old 05-31-2019, 12:48 PM

Default Singer 15-91 Another plea for help!!!!

Now I can't get it to sew.

It jams as soon as I try to sew. It appears to be something wrong in the bobbin area. I've checked the bobbin area. I have bobbin threaded correctly. Tension seems to be ok.

Without thread it runs perfectly.

I have correct new needle, different thread, different bobbin, threaded left to right per book.....

what else should I check?????
Old 05-31-2019, 02:35 PM

Could you have the bobbin case in there wrong? That little "finger" on the top of the bobbin case has to fit in the slot. It "sort of" clicks when it goes in place.

Another possibility could be it's the wrong bobbin case.

Past that, I'm no help.

bkay

edit: What do you mean, it won't sew? It won't make a stitch? Or the needle won't go down? The needle goes down, but doesn't pick up the bottom thread? Exactly what is it not doing?

Last edited by bkay; 05-31-2019 at 02:37 PM. Reason: second thought
Old 05-31-2019, 03:37 PM

misseva, on the 15-91 the needle goes with the flat side to the left, and you thread from right to left. It's the opposite of a lot of other machines, including older Singer 15's. Here's the manual for yours: http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...uals/15-91.pdf
Old 05-31-2019, 04:12 PM

Could it be that your feed dogs are down? There is a thumb screw under the machine, just to the right of the entire bobbin assembly, that adjusts the feed dogs.
Old 06-01-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rocsew View Post
misseva, on the 15-91 the needle goes with the flat side to the left, and you thread from right to left. It's the opposite of a lot of other machines, including older Singer 15's. Here's the manual for yours: http://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mach...uals/15-91.pdf
Well, this is a slap my head moment! Because the needle goes flat side to the left I "read" in the instructions to thread from left!!!! Haven't been back to church to check but I'm willing to bet a dollar to a donut that if I thread it from the right, I'll have good stitches. I should have had my friend read out loud from the manual. Thanks for mentioning this. (I was assuming that it threaded same way my Featherweight does.)
Old 06-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Update. My problem was because I had it threaded wrong. Right to left threading fixed it!!! Yea! Thanks again Rocsew for pointing that out. It makes the most perfect stitches now.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-02-2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps