Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Harbor Freight & Rotary Blades >

Harbor Freight & Rotary Blades

Harbor Freight & Rotary Blades

Old 05-18-2020, 08:42 AM

Default Harbor Freight & Rotary Blades

I've heard some pretty good reviews on the Harbor Freight rotary blades & was thinking of ordering some online to try. Has anyone ordered from HF online & are they reliable as to delivery, etc.? I see where I can get a package of 2 (45 mm) blades for $1.79 per pkg. That sounds like a good deal to me (even though I will have to pay for shipping). I did find a 20% coupon that will save me .36 cents if I buy 5 pkgs. like I am considering.
The blades are called Carpet Cutter Replacement Blades but says they are 45 mm & can be used for quilts.
Thanks for your opinions on this.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:58 AM

I haven't ordered anything from Habor Freight online before, so I can't say anything about their shipping department. But a few years ago I bought their rotary blades, the same ones you are describing, and I was not impressed. The blades were skipping continually and were so dull. They weren't worth even the couple of dollars I spent. Maybe I just got a really bad pack, but I personally won't bother with them again. Just my experience.
​​​
Old 05-18-2020, 09:06 AM

I've bought them in the store. They wouldn't cut hot butter. I removed it from the handle immediately and didn't even try to use the second one.
That was a couple of years ago, so it may be different now.
bkay
Old 05-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

When I had access to Harbor Freight I used them. Sometimes one was bad but they were so cheap overall it didn’t matter. Never have tried on line
Old 05-18-2020, 09:59 AM

I have not ordered them from HF but I go to their store. These blades I bought do a little skip. I was wondering if there was a good reliable sharpener that would take off the skip. This was also a couple of years ago.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:10 AM

I have not ordered them online but have purchased them in the store frequently. They do get dull faster than some other blades but for the cost I have found it worth my time. They are great for travel blades so that I don't go through a good one with an accident. like dropping the rotary cutter.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Power Poster

I have not tried Harbor Freight blades.

I have had brand new Olfa blades skip a thread. Annoying!
Old 05-18-2020, 10:46 AM

I ordered several packages on line and had no issue with shipping. However there wasn’t 1 blade in 5 packages that worked well. All were dull or skipped. I will not order again from them. It was a waste of my money.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:00 AM

No worth your time, not a good blade for our lovely fabric. Just saying I would not bother with ordering.
Old 05-18-2020, 01:25 PM

I'm so glad I asked about these blades. I will search for better ones elsewhere. That's what I love about this board....helpful, informative & honest!
Thanks to all!!!!