Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer Futura CE200 >

Singer Futura CE200

Singer Futura CE200

Old 05-30-2021, 01:49 AM

Default Singer Futura CE200

I’ve just purchased a second hand Singer Futura CE200 machine. I can’t seem to download my software onto my laptop as it states the laptop is to new. What is the best laptop to use. I already have windows 10, windows 98 and a windows vista but it won’t accept any of them 😞
Old 05-30-2021, 07:29 AM

Hi @Kimball65 ! I have a Singer Futura CE200. I think my computer is Windows XP Pro. If you go to the Singer Support Site, you will find a link for software. I am not sure whether there is a charge or not. There is also a link for a Singer Support group as well. I have to say the machine is a bit finicky, but this may be because I don't use it very often. Once you get it running it works well. When I bought the machine, the salesperson told me that when threading the machine, make sure you hear a light "click" when you put the thread through the tension disks. This hint has been very helpful. My favorite is that I can import a JPG and the software will create the stitch out.

CAUTION: Before you run the exe, be sure to do a backup and a restore point if that is available for your operating system.

I hope this helps. Have a great day!
Old 06-05-2021, 03:54 PM

I f I knew which version of windows you have, I can help you more..but basically you will need to run the software on an older version of windows..you can find out how to do this by googling something like....."how to run a windows vista program on windows 10"....and then follow the directions. If your laptop is 64 bit, you should run the software in Windows 7.
Singer site says this....*PLEASE NOTE: An update for Windows 8 is not available on this model. However, the software for your CE-200 can be updated so that it will run on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 ( 32 or 64 bit). To accomplish this, you will need to purchase the Futura 2.5 upgrade that will upgrade your software to functionality equivalent to a SINGER® Futura™ 3 sewing & embroidery machine.
I'm not sure they even sell the futura 2.5 upgrade anymore..you could try ebay??? Third option is to look for an old computer with old windows software..they are pretty much useless and if you ask around, someone you know may have one laying around.