Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Die cutting machine? >

Best Die cutting machine?

Best Die cutting machine?

Old 02-04-2022, 07:46 AM

Default Best Die cutting machine?

Hello,
What is the best die cutting machine to cut fabric? Can you design your own art on your computer or tablet to cut or do you have to use a specific software design app?
Thanks
April
Old 02-04-2022, 10:59 AM

I have the Accuquilt system and just love it in all thing that need to be cut. It is unlikely I will ever run out of quilts to make! Now it does not let you do many of the things that the Circuit Maker it lets you do as far as individual or personal designs with fabric. I decided when researching both systems that the Accuquilt system would work best for my quilting needs. My SIL loves her Circuit Maker is the best thing ever made but she uses it for scrapbooking and and occasionally cutting single layers of fabric. The Accuquilt cuts 6 layers at one time. Each system has its own pluses and minuses.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

. I have had the Accuquilt Go manual crank since it first was available to buy. I got all the basic size dies years ago when they were very reasonable in price. My favorite dies are the BOB dies, (block on board) One pass and all the block pieces are cut at one time.
Old 02-04-2022, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Sizzix big shot pro.
Old 02-04-2022, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

There really isn't a "best." It all depends on what you want to do. I have the AccuQuilt Studio 2, and all I have or ever want are the strip dies. That works best for me. If I wanted, I could buy and use any of the dies for the other AccuQuilt cutters. The Studio 2 is heavy, and the dies for it are heavy, so it is not portable and would not be a good choice for everyone. The electric AccuQuilt is a better fit for those who have limited arm motion, and the smaller Go! machines are more portable. With any of the AccuQuilt machines, you buy your dies; you don't design your own. For that you need a different type of machine, such as the Cricut.
Old 02-04-2022, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

Accuquilt had amazing sales the last month or so. I got a new large Go crank with value die, mat and free pattern book for $149. I got it for a backup since my Go is very old. I think today is BOGO 90% and free shipping. Check every day for the sales.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

I recently bought the Accuquilt electric cutter. I love it. There is a $100.00 rebate going on until the 15 of Feb.
I also have a circuit but am not as happy with that. Too much playing around to get what I want and it cuts one at a time. Accuquilt cuts 6 layers at a time.

Last edited by zennia; 02-04-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:36 AM

As someone who always cuts her own fabric, I googled Accuquilt Electric Cutter just to see if it was something I might want. I do understand that all pieces will be accurate in size once cut, but don't you have to cut your fabric beforehand to a certain size so that it will fit into the machine? And then buy extra dies for different shapes? Seems to me that all my templates are good enough. For $699.00 I can use that money to buy more material for Project Linus Quilts.
Just not something this quilter really needs.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:38 AM

I just purchased an AccuQuilt Studio in January along with some basic cutting dies (including the 2.5” strip and the 8” block set) I have already cut my first queen size project and it only took me about an hour to press and cut hundreds of pieces. I haven’t tried any of the other fabric cutters…
Old 02-05-2022, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

I agree with Dunster. I have an Accuquilt but I don't know if it's the "best", but it's a good one for me.