Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Picture on fabric >

Picture on fabric

Picture on fabric

Old 02-13-2022, 06:31 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!
Default Picture on fabric

After taking a beautiful sunset picture on the Pine Island sound , Fl, I took 1 more step back and stepped right off the dock and into the Water I went! Since there apparently are sharks and jelly fish a batch in the sound and they were cleaning fish Right there, thus attracting them, my friends hoisted me out very quickly! I came up without my glasses1 hearing aid and my Fitbit won’t hold a charge!
So my question, how do I go about getting this photo now worth upwards of $1500, printed on fabric? I can’t seem to figure out to do it on SpoonFlower
Old 02-13-2022, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

I want to help, I really do, but I can't stop laughing.

So glad you weren't hurt. Or eaten by sharks or stung by jelly fish.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:42 AM

Glad you're ok, but which picture? The sunset, you going into the water, or you coming out of the water?
Old 02-14-2022, 05:10 AM

You didn't mention if you had taken the picture with your cell phone or a camera, but either way, I've purchased photo fabric paper-backed fabric from Amazon. If the picture is on your phone you can e-mail it to your inbox on the computer, place a sheet of photo fabric paper in the paper slot on your printer and print it off. If on a camera, you can take it to any number of photo services, then you can place the photo on your scanner and print. Hope you will receive many suggestions and good to know your friends are quick on their feet and pulled you out of the water quickly. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2022, 07:52 AM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

It is so nice to know I have friends hereLOL! Glad I could provide a laugh for you. We all sure did!
I guess I can do the printer thing but that seems to be stiff. I was hoping for something softer. Perhaps the paper on Amazon is. I only have used the ones from JAF
Old 02-14-2022, 04:35 PM

Search printing on fabric and see what you come up with. There was a lady on this board who did it using a clear fabric glue and printed fabric but I don't remember her name or the link. Maybe search this board. The fabric came out feeling like a soft taffeta. It was such a wonderful idea. Hopefully someone will remember and let you know.
Old 02-14-2022, 04:56 PM

I am really glad you are OK! Cannot help with the picture.
Old 02-14-2022, 05:37 PM
Power Poster

Yikes, Terry! I'm glad you survived to tell us about it! It freaked me out!
Old 02-15-2022, 05:22 AM

I have used Crafter's Images photo fabric which is 100% cotton poplin and that fabric is soft to the touch and have also used the sew on Printed Treasures by Dritz which is 200 thread count Pima cotton. Both seemed to work very well.
Old 02-15-2022, 05:30 AM

Don't buy the June Tailor print on fabric. It's the one that is stiff. I made some labels using it and it was almost impossible to get a needle through.
bkay