seeking contractor

Old 03-23-2023, 06:30 PM

Default seeking contractor

Can anyone in the Knoxville, TN, USA area recommend a licensed concrete contractor?
Old 03-24-2023, 09:37 AM

When we were looking for a contractor for doing our sidewalk/patio area, we went to visit places that carried like things or things that those kind of contractors would use for the job and asked them if they had a list of contractors. Most had bulletin boards with business cards of contractors on them. And a couple of the men working at one of the stores gave us a good reference to a contractor, who we ended up using.

I'm no where near your area, but just passing on a thought of how we found ours. There is also, Angi (used to be Angie's list) - look online for Angi -- They have top local contractors that will contact with you.
Old 03-24-2023, 10:22 AM

companies also do have ratings you can check showing online. but word of mouth is best. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:35 AM

Also, check your state Better Business Bureau. They will have a list of contractors and you can see their ratings which are based on whether there have been complaints and if so, how they were resolved.

Rob
Old 04-24-2023, 10:11 AM

does this have to do with quilting?

Last edited by newbee3; 04-24-2023 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added
Old 04-24-2023, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by newbee3 View Post
does this have to do with quilting?
It doesn't. It's in the "non-quilting chit chat" section.
Old 04-24-2023, 01:37 PM

I always look at Yelp.com when we need work done. I make sure to read peoples' comments. We have found excellent contractors that way.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:12 AM

I love it when folks don't thank anyone for their thoughts or helpful links or update curious minds. There are several of these active on the board. Posted by active members.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
I love it when folks don't thank anyone for their thoughts or helpful links or update curious minds. There are several of these active on the board. Posted by active members.
That is why I like the forums that I'm on that have buttons that you can click for example: (interesting) (like) (dislike) (disagree) (love) (informative). It is a way to see what others are thinking when they read the posts, but don't want to post a written response.
Old 05-10-2023, 11:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
Well now I am curious as someone who reads a lot of threads and normally doesn't comment one way or the other. Is that perceived as rude? I surely don't want to be but, don't want to post just to post. Clarify?