Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does Anyone Play an Instrument? >

Does Anyone Play an Instrument?

Does Anyone Play an Instrument?

Old 04-14-2023, 12:12 PM

Default Does Anyone Play an Instrument?

Hi All,
Does anyone play an instrument? I play the cello and started as adult. I also play in a community orchestra, though not currently due to covid. Trying not to bring it home (again) by being in large crowds. I do miss playing since we have such a great bunch of people. As a side note, it gives me more time for quilting..
Old 04-14-2023, 02:10 PM

No, but I wish I did. I cannot read music or carry a tune. I relate reading music to learning a new language. I'm so in awe of anyone who can play any type of instrument.
Old 04-14-2023, 03:06 PM

I played the piano all my life, currently without one though.
Old 04-14-2023, 04:01 PM

I played the flute when I was in school, but haven't picked it up in years. The last time I took it out to play, the cat screeched like it was on fire so I put the flute back on the closet shelf. What do you suppose that says about my musical talent? haha
Old 04-15-2023, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
I played the flute when I was in school, but haven't picked it up in years. The last time I took it out to play, the cat screeched like it was on fire so I put the flute back on the closet shelf. What do you suppose that says about my musical talent? haha
Not your talent, my dear, but perhaps a comment from your four footed friend encouraging you to continue to play your flute. It could be howl of exuberance, "Oh my, what a glorious sound", "What fun to have a bird in my house" , more, More, MORE. OK, I like cats and always give them the benefit of the doubt. If you like to play, then play. Cat or not. Perhaps he or she was striving for a duet?
Attached Thumbnails 7240-boy-playing-flute-cat-2-.jpg  
Old 04-15-2023, 04:36 AM

I took piano lessons from 3rd grade until I graduated high school. I played for the church and the school choirs. I seldom played after high school although my piano moved to 3 states with me. It was an old upright my mother played when she was a child. About 10 years ago I gave the piano away to a little girl that wanted to learn to play. During COVID I bought a keyboard. It doesn't have the same sound as my old wooden piano but I love playing again. Playing every morning is part of my daily routine.
Old 04-15-2023, 04:42 AM

Does taking piano lessons when I was 10 count?
Old 04-15-2023, 07:43 AM

I play keyboard and guitar, but I moved with my youngest daughter after my sweet DH passed, I sold my keyboard but kept my guitar,, its in my closet, but daughter wants it...so its put up for her... enjoyed my music, had a friend that played with me and she gave home parties and we enjoyed playing for the guests...
Old 04-15-2023, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Not your talent, my dear, but perhaps a comment from your four footed friend encouraging you to continue to play your flute. It could be howl of exuberance, "Oh my, what a glorious sound", "What fun to have a bird in my house" , more, More, MORE. OK, I like cats and always give them the benefit of the doubt. If you like to play, then play. Cat or not. Perhaps he or she was striving for a duet?
How kind you are! You also must be psychic as our cat was a tuxedo like the one in the photo. She's been gone a long time, but brings back good memories. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2023, 08:35 AM

Piano...since age 7. Still playing at 76.