Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Help, Where do I get a motor repaired? >

Help, Where do I get a motor repaired?

Help, Where do I get a motor repaired?

Old 07-10-2023, 04:58 AM

Default Help, Where do I get a motor repaired?

It's been such a long time since I've had to ask a question but I have one now. I was given a 1896 Willcox and Gibbs motorized machine and I've managed to get the foot controller to work.

The motor is another matter. I discovered that one of the motor brushes is in the port with no spring attached. It appears that the brush is not touching the armature. I'd have to take the motor apart to get that brush out. The bigger problem is that there is no motor brush cap screw for that port.

Does anyone know who I could send this motor? It probably needs to be rewound but I've run into a dead end trying to find someone in my area that repairs these little electrical motors.

Thanks, friends. I see quite a few of my old friends here are no longer on QB. HELP! ANYONE?
Old 07-10-2023, 06:15 AM

Can you post some pictures? Of the other brush cap, whatever you're seeing to make you think it needs new windings?

I've bought replacement brush caps from Amazon, I had to buy a bag of 50 to get one, but it was not really expensive.
Old 07-12-2023, 12:07 PM

Hi Jean, You can ask Matthew for a quote.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MR.S...54796841552449

Jon