Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone! >

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone!

Old 10-21-2023, 11:00 AM

Smile Hello Everyone!

Hi all, Found this board and it looks wonderful. Hope to meet and chat with you here online. I live in Georgia and have been quilting for several years, but unfortunately I don't get much time to quilt as I work two full time jobs. Hope be able to quilt more soon.
Old 10-21-2023, 12:13 PM

Welcome, Laaddis.

The QB is a great place to pop in and visit when you don't have time to quilt yourself but you still want to be immersed in the hobby. Hope you get more time for quilting very soon. :-)
Old 10-21-2023, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

Hello and Welcome from Minnesota.
Old 10-21-2023, 03:10 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana!
Old 10-21-2023, 03:17 PM

Welcome from Southern California!
Old 10-21-2023, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Old 10-22-2023, 02:55 AM

Sending a warm welcome from your north - Delaware. I remember being a young mom, having both a full and part time job and could only manage to piece in 10-15 minutes portions. I got a lot accomplished in those small portions. And it helped keep me sane at times! Happy you could join us. Keep sewing.
Old 10-22-2023, 03:29 AM

Welcome from the"mitten" state, Michigan. Yes, indeed this is a good place to sit for a short while when you need a"fix" or have a question or just feel curious about what other quilters are doing. It is a safe place to ask questions and to share life, as we have all likely had the same question. We were all beginners, we all have made discoveries and are excited about learning something new. Welcome to a genuinely friendly crowd of quilting enthusiasts. Happy to have a new member in our quilting community.
Old 10-22-2023, 04:44 AM

Hello and welcome -- now that you've found us feel free to come and go as you have time.

I've just moved to Illinois, having been a military brat where I lived in the newly renamed Fort Moore (formerly Fort Benning) but that was way back in the 1960s. Grew up mostly in Alaska (1970-1983) and then moved to the Seattle, WA area (1983-2023),

We were just barely in Illinois and I started meeting quilters, was having a car repair done and was chatting with a lady in the waiting room who was wearing a quilting t-shirt and found myself invited to a local show and a workgroup. Since then I've been wearing my own quilting t-shirts when I go out and have met several more quilters.
Old 10-22-2023, 03:50 PM

Hi laaddis! Welcome and glad to have you here. When I was working I used to get up in the middle of the night so I'd have time to sew. Not the best idea, but it made me happy.