Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from a repairman in Norway! >

Hello from a repairman in Norway!

Hello from a repairman in Norway!

Old 10-22-2023, 02:24 AM

Smile Hello from a repairman in Norway!

As the title says, I am from Norway and repair sewing machines.
My wife, who I work with, found this forum and said it was very interesting! So here I am

We have our own company that repairs sewing machines plus we have online sewing courses (only in Norwegian). In addition, we produce sewing machine spare parts that are no longer made, and sell them in our online store 3dsewingparts.com (English).
One of the things we are passionate about is informing that it is worth taking care of the old sewing machines, and the right to repair.

I myself have worked with computers, electronics and mechanics before I started repairing sewing machines, so the background I have is good to have.
I also repair the electronic cards in the sewing machines and in that context have created a page where I have posted the electronic schematics I have made for several sewing machines. There you have free access to what I have made of electronics schematics in addition to service manuals and PCB images.
You can find the page here: syrep.no/repair (English and Norwegian).
Here is a link to my website about what I do: syrep.no (English and Norwegian).

Attached is a picture of our Bernina sewing machine collection so you get an understanding of the geek level we are at

I wish everyone a wonderful day/evening/night and hope there is something I can contribute here.

Last edited by Theodor; 10-22-2023 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Inserting the image
Old 10-22-2023, 02:50 AM

What a wonderful thing to do. Those old machines are so worthy of repair. Do you only work on Bernina's or other machines like Pfaff? Thanks for the link to your site.
Old 10-22-2023, 03:48 AM

What a nice collection of Bernina's! Welcome to the board from Kansas, originally Minnesota. Looking forward, when time allows, to visiting your sites.
Old 10-22-2023, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lena1952 View Post
What a wonderful thing to do. Those old machines are so worthy of repair. Do you only work on Bernina's or other machines like Pfaff? Thanks for the link to your site.
Thank you very much.
I repair and make parts for PFAFF, Husqvarna and other vintage machines as well.
Old 10-22-2023, 04:38 AM

Hello and welcome -- it's nice to find a place where people understand our passions even if there may be a bit of a language hiccup here and there!
Old 10-22-2023, 06:13 AM

Welcome from Texas. My paternal Grandmother was from Lillehammer, Norway. Enjoy our forum on quilting.
Old 10-22-2023, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

Unfortunately, what you've posted may be judged against the rules of this site, namely promoting your own business. You probably didn't mean to do this, but your post could possibly be deleted, and you may be banned from the site. I hope that doesn't happen, because I think you would be a good contributor. It seems unreasonable to expect that new members have read all the rules for the site. For future reference, you can put a link to your online store or website in your signature line.
Old 10-22-2023, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Unfortunately, what you've posted may be judged against the rules of this site, namely promoting your own business. You probably didn't mean to do this, but your post could possibly be deleted, and you may be banned from the site. I hope that doesn't happen, because I think you would be a good contributor. It seems unreasonable to expect that new members have read all the rules for the site. For future reference, you can put a link to your online store or website in your signature line.
Thanks for the information.
I thought of it more as a resource, than advertising.
Will be careful not to do it again
Old 10-22-2023, 09:39 AM
Power Poster

So great to have a machine repairman on board. Welcome!
Old 10-23-2023, 04:01 AM

dunster, I hope you are wrong too. I find it very interesting and as long as we have put up with all of the "Games" posted on this site, I think it should stay. At least I know where Theodor's information is here and don't have to do searches elsewhere. Again, welcome to the board Theodor.