Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Peanut Butter >

Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

Old 12-21-2023, 05:56 AM

Default Peanut Butter

Someone mentioned peanut butter in the childhood foods' thread. Ewww. I love all nuts, but detest peanut butter. Don't know why-didn't eat it as a kid. No cookies, cakes, or treats of any kind! Definitely no sandwich. Anyone with me?
Old 12-21-2023, 06:17 AM

I've never been fond of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Don't think I ever ate them as a child either. If I do use peanut butter in a recipe, it's usually the nutty/crunchy version as I love nuts also.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

We always had peanut butter in the house. I liked it with vanilla wafers. Seems we always put it on crackers more than bread.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Not with you
I love peanut butter! But I can't tell you the last time I ate it. When we were kids we couldn't eat meat on Fridays so my Mom made pb and j sandwiches for our lunch sometimes.
Now I want one LOL
Old 12-21-2023, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

I love peanut butter. My mother kept it in the fridge when I was a kid and it was too hard to get out of the jar. No patience as a child. I keep some in the individual 2 oz. containers in the pantry but I also have that PB2 or any version of it and mix it with water to my preferred consistency and spread it on apples or on a sandwich with jam and must be soft white bread. If we were kids in the same house and you didn't like it I would have said "more for me!" Back in the day I would keep a can of chocolate frosting and take a spoon of it with a spoon of peanut butter, for a snack. Yum, for me. Not for you!!!
Old 12-22-2023, 05:28 AM

Peanut butter is one thing I am never without. I inherited my love for it from my mother. Peanut butter and apples is my favorite lunch, along with a cup of coffee. And I never thought I would say this but I like peanut butter better than chocolate!
Old 12-22-2023, 06:10 AM

Peanut butter? Daily! Sorry, aashley333, I savor peanuts along with most other nuts. I find it a filling, tasty part of my breakfast, PBJ sandwiches on the run, and in lots of desserts. I have peanut butter on crackers for an easy meal when I am "munchy" but not looking for a full meal. We all have opinions if PB is not your thing, enjoy whatever catches your fancy! Now it is time for breakfast, peanut butter on toast!
Old 12-22-2023, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I like peanut butter on toast with sugar or honey added.

Not that I need the exrea calories---
Old 12-22-2023, 07:32 AM

Just made a batch of peanut butter and almond bark cookies (umm maybe candy) yesterday with my sister. Simple recipe.
2 pounds almond bark
2 C. miniature marshmallows
2 C. crunchy peanut butter
1/2 C chopped cashews
4 C rice Krispies
Melt almond bark in microwave, stir in peanut butter, add marshmallows, cashews, and rice Krispies. Stirr, drop on wax paper or into small candy papers. Let cool and set and injoy. .
Old 12-22-2023, 08:19 AM

I love PB, but rarely get to eat it. If I buy a jar of peanut butter, the DH sneaks into the fringe in the middle of the night and eats the entire jar. I can only imagine how his digestive track feels in the middle of the night.