Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilted Treasures >

Quilted Treasures

Quilted Treasures

Old 04-25-2024, 03:49 AM
Reb

Default Quilted Treasures

I saw previous threads but not this question. I have sew on Printed Treasures. Can I use fuseables to fuse this instead of sewing? Will it take the heat? Thanks for any help!
Old 04-25-2024, 04:47 AM

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I've only used this product for quilt labels and then it's been sewn on. It's a good question though, will be following this.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:57 AM
Reb

Thanks, hopefully we shall see
Old 04-25-2024, 11:51 AM

I’ve put fusible on the back but used a lightweight one.
Old 04-26-2024, 04:56 AM

I don't remember which brand of "ink jet printable" I bought from Amazon, but the fine print said it was treated to attract loose ink. I'm not sure that was the exact phrase, but I got the impression that it would act like a color catcher. I just used it anyway and hoped. (It was an I Spy quilt with lots of bright colors.)
bkay

Last edited by bkay; 04-26-2024 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 05:47 AM
Reb

Thumbs up Quilted Treasures

Thank you all for responding. I broke all the rules. I used Transweb a light web fuseable. Did not soak the label. Seems to be just fine. No ink problem. Fused solid, but not washed. It’s for my brother’s 70th birthday. I figure it’s about time he got a quilt from me. He’s about 15 minutes away. Whenever it get’s washed for the first time, if there is any problem I can fix it then. I like the simplicity of the way it looks.

Old 04-26-2024, 06:49 AM

Wow, gorgeous quilt. I agree with trying to do a sample first. You say you cannot do this by hand. I would suggest that you also look at your machine. Features that would be very useful to try and do this on a machine would be, being able to reduce the stitch length so that you can stitch smoother curves and also having a means to slightly raise the pressure foot as you curve. I know some Vikings and Bernina's have the ability to auto raise the pressure foot between stitches while leaving the needle in the fabric so you can gently turn the piece as you go around. My Bernina's also have a knee lift where I can raise and lower the pressure foot with my knee as I do curves and corners. I think you would have to do this on the blocks not the when the whole quilt is put together. Yikes, I might think I would do a table runner instead of a whole quilt.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:36 AM
Reb

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Wow, gorgeous quilt. I agree with trying to do a sample first. You say you cannot do this by hand. I would suggest that you also look at your machine. Features that would be very useful to try and do this on a machine would be, being able to reduce the stitch length so that you can stitch smoother curves and also having a means to slightly raise the pressure foot as you curve. I know some Vikings and Bernina's have the ability to auto raise the pressure foot between stitches while leaving the needle in the fabric so you can gently turn the piece as you go around. My Bernina's also have a knee lift where I can raise and lower the pressure foot with my knee as I do curves and corners. I think you would have to do this on the blocks not the when the whole quilt is put together. Yikes, I might think I would do a table runner instead of a whole quilt.
I think this may be posted to the wrong thread