Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Southwest Ohio >

Hello from Southwest Ohio

Hello from Southwest Ohio

Old 12-30-2006, 10:23 AM

Label me as a slow learner. I have been reading the Newsletter for several months and did not realize there was a Message Board attached. I was caught up into a lot of other things, and would read quickly and go on my way. Some of us do spend tooooo much time on the computer and I am afraid I am one guilty party.

I began sewing in Home Ec class many years ago. When I finally figured it out it was 1949! Ouch! Yes, I am 72 and slowing down, but I just learned to quilt 6 years ago. I knew I could never make quilts by hand because of nerve damage. Eleanor Burns showed me that anyone can quilt. She has been a big inspiration to me, and I am sure to others.

I am interested in buying a new machine that will fit into a quilt frame. I am not sure what frame I want yet, and have asked everyone I know what they use. I had planned to get a wood frame and use it to assemble the layers, but spending money to have someone else quilt them was getting to be too expensive. Now I want to quilt my own quilts myself.

I am open to opinions on quilting frame and machines (not $1000 long arm types) that work with these frames. I need to learn a lot before I spend that retirement money.

Please share with me, I will be greatful for your responses.
June in Cincinnati, Ohio
Old 12-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Boo

Welcome to the message boards, June. :D You will discover a wealth of information here, as well as the nicest people you would ever like to meet. This topic received some inquiry recently and you can possibly learn a bit from reading what was shared. At the top of this page you will see a list of helpful links. The first one is Search with a magnifying glass. Once you click on that, a box will appear where you can enter any word or phrase. This will search the message board and list for you places to find this information. I look forward to having you post questions and answers for other posters.
Welcome again, and have a safe and peaceful holiday.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:05 AM

Thanks, boo.....now why would your name look familiar? I am glad to see you here. I am sure I will run into other familiar names.