Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
2-  February 2010 Block of the Month >

2- February 2010 Block of the Month

2- February 2010 Block of the Month

Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by joturner
HI, WHEN DID THE BOM START AND CAN I CATCH UP? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THE OTHER BLOCKS

I started in January so you will be able to catch up quickly.

here's a link the the January block info.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32824-1.htm

For February's block I highly recommend using the tutorial here for paper piecing. It is really helpful. I am going slowly, but it is going well. It's not hard if you follow this.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-25541-1.htm

amma did a great job for us who are new to paper piecing.

Given that it's not even February yet, we have lots of time to finish this block so take your time. It gets easier as you go.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW
Originally Posted by joturner
HI, WHEN DID THE BOM START AND CAN I CATCH UP? WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET THE OTHER BLOCKS

I started in January so you will be able to catch up quickly.

here's a link the the January block info.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32824-1.htm

For February's block I highly recommend using the tutorial here for paper piecing. It is really helpful. I am going slowly, but it is going well. It's not hard if you follow this.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-25541-1.htm

amma did a great job for us who are new to paper piecing.

Given that it's not even February yet, we have lots of time to finish this block so take your time. It gets easier as you go.
Janeee thank you for trying this and letting us know that it truly isn't so bad once you try it.... I know once you get the hang of it you will not mind.....
I'm so proud of you all for trying this!!!!!!! I must confess I had never done a pieced block ( the January one) and had to take it slow myself... so we are all learning new techniques!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 AM

oh Goodness, did I miss something? Was January Block a paper piecing thingie? Boy, and I just zipped through it thinking.....cool breeze! Wonder what I've done wrong?
Sorry, folks, I thought I knew what I was doing? So, how far off is a piece if you don't use this method? whewwww, I must be brain dead!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by mrspete
oh Goodness, did I miss something? Was January Block a paper piecing thingie? Boy, and I just zipped through it thinking.....cool breeze! Wonder what I've done wrong?
Sorry, folks, I thought I knew what I was doing? So, how far off is a piece if you don't use this method? whewwww, I must be brain dead!
January could be done either way... I did it just pieced together not paperpieced. February is a paperpieced pattern
Old 01-26-2010, 11:38 AM

Thanks aberi! I went through the tutorial and it is so simple sounding, but clutz here might take a few weaves and wanders, but I'll get there. I love working with fabric. I started when I was eight years old. Off and on, I go at it, but I love it. I'd cross my fingers but I need them old stiff things.....off I go, Thanks a bunch! Ruth
Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM

I am also having trouble with the size. I put in on 100%, but it prints 1/4" smaller.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 AM

Hey, you guys are ahead of time LOL LOL I wasnt going to look for february's block until feb 1st lol lol. Aberi, you chose a gorgeous pattern! And the block you did looks beautiful. But even more, i love paper piecing, and i love seeing the new paper piecing converts! lol :) Thank you for a beautiful block Aberi, i will make mine, but not til feb 1st, have another project i'm working on. Good luck to everyone trying the paperpiecing
Old 01-28-2010, 03:37 AM

Barb I'm so glad you like the block!! I too am so happy to see the paperpiecing converts!!! I think the good think about the block of the month, is you only have to do one and it is a great way to learn and try new things!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crafty Nana
I am also having trouble with the size. I put in on 100%, but it prints 1/4" smaller.
Crafty if you set you printer to "None" for the sizing instead , it will work out perfect.... and you sew right on the lines it will work out ...
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM

I have decided to do the BOM with everyone! Looks like fun and no time limit stress. This paperpiecing one looks like it won't be too hard. I'll have to get the last one done in 12.5 size also.