Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops in Sedona? >

Quilt shops in Sedona?

Quilt shops in Sedona?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:45 AM

My husband and I are taking a short trip to Sedona, AZ in May to celebrate our 38th anniversary. Are there any quilt shops to vist while I'm there?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:55 AM

We were there last year the end of March but I don't recall seeing any quilt/fabric shops. It is a beautiful place to visit and there is a lot to see and do.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&ei=kY20S9zREIL98AbM0sHGBA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAgQBSgA&q=Quilt+Shops+Sedona+AZ&spell=1
Here is a list
Old 04-01-2010, 04:18 AM

Hello,
How lucky you are to be visiting this area. I have been to this shop and it is a real treat. They have beautiful fabrics and a great line of patterns. They have fabrics and patterns that are in sync with this beautiful area. It is like walking into a southwest desert colored rainbow. I love this shop and stop whenever we have the oportunity to visit this area. You will not be disappointed.
Quilter's Store and Gallery
3075 W. State Route 89A
Sedona, AZ 86336

Sue in PA
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by ohstr
Hello,
How lucky you are to be visiting this area. I have been to this shop and it is a real treat. They have beautiful fabrics and a great line of patterns. They have fabrics and patterns that are in sync with this beautiful area. It is like walking into a southwest desert colored rainbow. I love this shop and stop whenever we have the oportunity to visit this area. You will not be disappointed.
Quilter's Store and Gallery
3075 W. State Route 89A
Sedona, AZ 86336

Thanks, Sue ~ I checked out their website and it looks like a wonderful shop. I think I'll drop DH off at the golf course so I can spend all day at the quilt store! ~ Nita

Sue in PA
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nita
My husband and I are taking a short trip to Sedona, AZ in May to celebrate our 38th anniversary. Are there any quilt shops to vist while I'm there?
There is a lovely one on the main street in downtown Sedona. Can't remember the name. Went there 3 times during our visit. At the time it was featured in one of the quilting mags. It was walking distance from our hotel so I had lots of fun.

Oops - just read the rest of the posts and it is posted.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:54 AM

Aarrgggghh!! How did I miss it!?!? Probably hubby told me "to look over there at that!!!" Wait till he gets home!!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

I loved my time in Sedona! We took the trolley tour and it was so nice. It took us to all the major must see sites. The Quilt Store was very nice. I guess it's still there. I thought the owner was very snippish and rude but the staff was great even with the owner criticizing everything anyone did. The owner's daughter was one of the staff and she apologized to me for her mother's actions. I am thinking the mother may no longer be there in the store. This was about 5 years ago. Anyway, the shop has an extra building(Gallery) where completed quilts were on display. It was like a mini quilt show. But, once again I felt like I was an inconvenience to the store by asking to see it. One of the staff had to go with me. I know at one time The Quilt Store was a very big name in the quilting world and I hope is still in business. It was a pretty store in a beautiful town.