Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Buggy Wheels pattern wanted... >

Buggy Wheels pattern wanted...

Buggy Wheels pattern wanted...

Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 PM

I googled and can buy the pattern for a whole quilt but I just want a pattern for one block that I can try! Does anyone have such a thing they can "lend" me? One of you has a beautiful avatar block and I guess I can spend the day searching for it, but if anyone can ease the hunt, please let me know.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

Is it the same pattern as a wagon wheel?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Is it the same pattern as a wagon wheel?
Don't know, have heard it called carpenter's wheel, too. If you google it, Amma, you can see the pattern.

OK, I tried google Carpenter's wheel and got the block pattern from Quilter's Cache. It looks a bit busier than some I've seen, but maybe just because of all the strong drawn lines.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

Kitsie, check your pm.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kitsie
I googled and can buy the pattern for a whole quilt but I just want a pattern for one block that I can try! Does anyone have such a thing they can "lend" me? One of you has a beautiful avatar block and I guess I can spend the day searching for it, but if anyone can ease the hunt, please let me know.
Ninnie had a good picture of buggy wheels and she pretty much had the sizes for the blocks listed in her description. Maybe between that and the picture would be enough to get you going. You had commented on Ninnie pictures. It was HST and buggy wheels.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Kitsie
Ninnie had a good picture of buggy wheels and she pretty much had the sizes for the blocks listed in her description. Maybe between that and the picture would be enough to get you going. You had commented on Ninnie pictures. It was HST and buggy wheels.
Candle, I searched "Ninnie" but there are so many posts from her! Can you be a little more specific? Was it in the Picture section, the Tutorials or the Main? Thanks for the help!
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-50718-1.htm

Is this it?
Old 06-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Wasn't the avatar picture I've seen on here. But yes that one is stunning and I even commented on it! It is one that made me want to get the pattern for to do just one block! I did not realize this pattern was made from HST's! It's so attractive! Thanks, all, for your help. I have bookmarked it now!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:39 PM

Kitsie -

There was an episode of "Simply Quilts" on HGTV that featured Debbie Maddie (Mattie?) with a tutorial on making a Carpenter Star with HST. I kept in my DVR for a long time, but decided to delete it since we were so backed up with other projects. I think you can still get it on HGTV's website.

Darren
Old 06-29-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by wesing
Kitsie -

There was an episode of "Simply Quilts" on HGTV that featured Debbie Maddie (Mattie?) with a tutorial on making a Carpenter Star with HST. I kept in my DVR for a long time, but decided to delete it since we were so backed up with other projects. I think you can still get it on HGTV's website.

Darren
Thanks Darren, that is one of the ones I found while searching. So I guess they're all done with HST's! So my search is over and I'm grateful as usual to all of you!