Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show off your home made toys >

Show off your home made toys

Show off your home made toys

Old 07-03-2010, 09:33 AM

We have so many crafty, creative minds on this board. We have read numerous post of home made creations that contribute to our quilting serenity.
It would be nice to have them in a single reference (in addition to the post that introduces them). We can also use the search field if we know what we are looking for but this post might give us new ideas we haven’t thought to search for. Do you think?
Even if someone has listed something and you have one too please list yours because your method or thought might be different. Please also list the link to your post or tutorial introducing it.
Wanna play?
Okay, what do I have. I will start. This is just quick thinking but it will be alright if we don't remember all of them at first. We can add them as we think about them or create them.
Table booties made from pcv pipe raise my cutting table so I don’t stress my neck and back cutting or ironing.
I use my sewing machine extension table, a piece of cut glass and a florescent light when I need a light box to trace.
My design wall is the blue insulation sheets sold at lowes. You can see my level line. The flow of the ceiling makes it look crooked but the line is level.
All these have previously been posted so I will let the owners post the links to their introduction of them.
Regards, Dorothy

Table booties
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83271[/ATTACH]

Table booties
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83272[/ATTACH]

Lightbox
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83273[/ATTACH]

Design Wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83274[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83266.jpe   attachment-83267.jpe   attachment-83268.jpe   attachment-83269.jpe  
Old 07-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Those are really great ideas. I never would have thought of the pvc pipe table leg extensions! Great idea.

I'll play, too. This is a link http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-52581-1.htm to my post earlier today about my homemade quilting table. Here are a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83261.jpe   attachment-83265.jpe  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 AM

Here are pictures of some things my dh has made for me:

Pull down design wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83167[/ATTACH]

Seam rippers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83168[/ATTACH]

Ruler Stand
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83277[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83162.jpe   attachment-83163.jpe   attachment-83272.jpe  
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 AM

I love your quilting table. What a great idea!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Google Goddess

What a cool thread, thanks! all in one place!
Old 07-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

DH made me these quilt frame legs to use for a set up a handquilting frame at a local quilt show so everyone could try out handquilting. I painted them white. They are simple and stack to store. I stapled cotton canvas to two wooden poles that fit into the slots on the stand. It made a great handquilting frame.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83171.jpe  
Old 07-03-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
DH made me these quilt frame legs to use for a set up a handquilting frame at a local quilt show so everyone could try out handquilting. I painted them white. They are simple and stack to store. I stapled cotton canvas to two wooden poles that fit into the slots on the stand. It made a great handquilting frame.
I would love to see pictures if you have any. I have thought about building a frame of some sort. I don't know if I would use it much since machine quilting is so quick, so I don't want to spend a lot on a fancy frame. However, I would like to have the option of handquilting.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:54 PM

I also use the PVC pipes to raise my cutting table. Works like a charm and the pipe is very inexpensive. Bought it at the Home Depot.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

Picture is showing now.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
.Wanna play?
Table booties made from pcv pipe raise my cutting table so I don’t stress my neck and back cutting or ironing.
Regards, Dorothy
I use bed raisers, purchased from Anna's or Bed, Bath & Beyond, to raise my cutting table. I also use them for my sewing machine table so that I can stand while sewing.