Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-19-2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
I hope this link works. Just found it on another thread. It's a short video on making very quick pot holders. They look good too.

http://www.eons.com/groups/topic/203...der-in-minutes
Thanks the same way the criss-cross coasters are made.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 PM

how about an album (with a quilted cover) with his pictures of his life so far.
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Great idea....I wa just thinking how hard this Christmas is going to be...........I'm not working much. I need ideas for young guys, like 17-25!!!!!!! Cant think of a thing to do Hm and not too expensive!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:53 PM

I do popcorn tossed with the red mix that you use for candied apples. make according to directions. Because that sugar is VERY hot I Put the popped corn on my cookie sheets and dribble it on with a spoon.......oh yeah what about making those chocolate covered apples you see in catalogs. they can be dipped several time and decorated with nuts, sprinkles, ch.chips.....drizzled with white choac. wrapped with cellophane, nice bow etc. (check out Mrs. Prindables dipped choc. apple)
Originally Posted by libbyb
I do a good carmel popcorn so that might be something to add to their gift and its not expensive to make.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnB
Each year I make Christmas tree ornaments for family and friends. Sometimes I make them from fabrics I used to make the individual a quilt. I need ideas for this year. These are some I've made in the past. They are about 3 to 3-1/2 inches square. I often FMQ the top.
saw those ormaments and thought to make cushions for the sports fan with fleece sports print the the handle for the guys to take to the games they go to....maybe even a small throw for the cold weather, just with a stitched edge. and a pocket on the back of the cushion
Old 08-19-2010, 02:27 PM

on that site are patterns for luggage tags. and passport holders. thanks for the site
Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
Rolynesters are sets of zippered storage units that nest inside each other. The instructions are found at the following site:

http://www.studiokatdesigns.com/freepatterns.htm

Enjoy!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:38 PM

I hope this link works. Just found it on another thread. It's a short video on making very quick pot holders. They look good too.

Thank you hoppyfrog for the great potholder tutorial website.

I have a friend who make coasters the same way using 4" squares. She puts pieces of flexible plastic inside after turning inside out. That keeps the wetness from seeping through fabric to the table.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:45 PM

Thank You!
Originally Posted by theoldgraymare
Rolynesters are sets of zippered storage units that nest inside each other. The instructions are found at the following site:

http://www.studiokatdesigns.com/freepatterns.htm

Enjoy!
Old 08-19-2010, 05:41 PM

Tis looks fun!!! you could put utensils in the little pockets, and send with a goodie!

Old 08-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Peggerly
One year I made 6-inch paper pieced angel blocks, quilted them onto a navy blue sweatshirt (to look like the night sky) and bordered them with decorative braid. On some I experimented with lace for the angel's wings which was quite beautiful. Unfortunately, I have given them all away, but I will ask my mother to dig out the one I gave her so I can post a picture. Any Christmas inspired quilt block would do (Christmas trees, wreaths, Santa, etc.) and they can be put together very quickly, usually in just a couple of hours once you have all your materials together.
I finally got a picture of the sweatshirt. I've also done a paper-pieced Christmas tree block with cute buttons as ornaments.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-99952.jpe   attachment-99953.jpe  
Old 08-19-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
I need ideas. I am on sick leave due to Fibromyalgia and can't do a lot of things at once.
I know what you are going through. I have Fibromyalgia and I am going through a bad time now. I have 5 more weeks to work and trying to make it through without taking any time off.