Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 PM

Someone posted a picture in the picture link of a really nice laptop bag they made for their DGD to take to college...really nice :)
Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 PM

made three quillow quilts last year for grand sons.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
Someone posted a picture in the picture link of a really nice laptop bag they made for their DGD to take to college...really nice :)
Last year I made laptop sleeves for my granddaughters because they weren't as readily available in the stores as they are now. I free-motion quilted the lining and the top fabric together with batting. It is all one long piece. I put a binding all the way around the piece and then sewed the side seams. It is very helpful to have the computer available while you are determining the size. Don't make it too big as it doesn't go in and out of their backpacks as easily. One or two stips of Velcro will hold the flaps down. I put two side pleats in the outside pocket to allow enough space for bulkier cords, etc.

The laptop is in the bag.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107013[/ATTACH]

Notice the pleats in the outside pocket.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]107014[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-107007.jpe   attachment-107008.jpe   attachment-107009.jpe  
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 PM

Last xmas I made mini quilts 18 by 18 with scrap material and in the center embroidered welcome to our home, did it in light material and enclosed a permament pen and told them to have there friends sign the quilt and date it when full hang on a wall great conversation piece, and memories
Old 08-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Google Goddess

You are very welcome, as I love to surf to find cool patterns for us. I save them on my blogs.

Originally Posted by JacquelineVH
Crafty Bear, you have so many great ideas and websites to share! Thank you so much!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnB
Last year I made laptop sleeves for my granddaughters because they weren't as readily available in the stores as they are now. I free-motion quilted the lining and the top fabric together with batting. It is all one long piece. I put a binding all the way around the piece and then sewed the side seams. It is very helpful to have the computer available while you are determining the size. Don't make it too big as it doesn't go in and out of their backpacks as easily. One or two stips of Velcro will hold the flaps down. I put two side pleats in the outside pocket to allow enough space for bulkier cords, etc.
Love your laptop sleeves.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnB
Love your laptop sleeves. About what size was the laptops or do you remember how much fabric you used?
Old 08-29-2010, 08:18 PM

Here is a link to another site that I was just browsing -- tons of great gift ideas!

http://www.getcreativeshow.com/index.htm
Old 08-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Google Goddess

cute star wall hanging, would be cool for Christmas gifts

http://www.joann.com/static/project/0705/PA00243.pdf
Old 08-29-2010, 08:41 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, over 1500 links by catergories for all types of sewing and quilting projects

http://www.sewingsupport.com/sewing-...-projects.html