Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Barnbum:   One week from tomorrow is the day!!! >

Barnbum: One week from tomorrow is the day!!!

Barnbum: One week from tomorrow is the day!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Hi Karla,
Well, we are down to one week before the wedding. There still is so much to do!!!! We have about 350 people who have said they are coming and believe it or not we still have about 30 folks we havn't heard from!!!!
Sometimes I think it would be nice to just have a small wedding. This will be one big party!!!!
We're looking forward to all the friends and family who are coming to town for the event
Old 10-22-2010, 08:34 PM

We gave our kids a choice..either a big wedding or a check.
All were different, one wanted a full big church wedding, two took checks and got married in a small, private event, each had different ideas. one married way across the country when DH was seriously ill so we could not attend.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:37 PM

We have about 350 people who have said they are coming and believe it or not we still have about 30 folks we haven't heard from!!!!
-----------------------
If they don't make it, don't worry. This day is about a union between the bride and groom, if others miss it it's their problem.
Don't obsess about it, make it a joyous event. Let go and have a marvelous time. Share pictures with us.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:27 PM

Daughter informed me that we invited 515 people to this event. We are serving a buffet dinner of Tacos, Cheese enchiladas chips and salsa.
There will be lots of dancing. This is the third daughter to get married in just over 3 years.
All we have left is a son who's almost 22 and hopefully not getting married any time soon!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 11:26 PM
Power Poster

It always amazes me when I read or hear about a large wedding. I don't even know that many people. lol When Pat and I go married there were a total of 9 people involoved, and that was plenty.

Hope the event is wonderful with loads of laughter, happiness, and memories galore.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
It always amazes me when I read or hear about a large wedding. I don't even know that many people. lol When Pat and I go married there were a total of 9 people involoved, and that was plenty.

Hope the event is wonderful with loads of laughter, happiness, and memories galore.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM

Gayle--I just read on your quilt post about your daughter getting married--and I couldn't believe I'd missed it. I searched your posts and found this one!! I wish you had sent a PM--I wasn't on the forum for weeks due to busyness.... I want to hear all about it! Are there pictures??? Oh wait--I'll go back and search again.... :lol:
Old 01-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Ummmmmm ...... I didn't post anything. Wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. It was wonderful. Beautiful day!! We had about 460 people come. She was a very beautiful bride.
If you want me to post a couple pics, I will try and do that. It may be this weekend, maybe.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Ummmmmm ...... I didn't post anything. Wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. It was wonderful. Beautiful day!! We had about 460 people come. She was a very beautiful bride.
If you want me to post a couple pics, I will try and do that. It may be this weekend, maybe.
I am saddened that you didn't think I was interested!! :cry: I just got busy... sometimes go a week and can't get on here... just alert me through PMs to stuff you know I want to know!! ;)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM

Okey Dokey!!!!