Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1 >

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Roll Roll, Cotton Boll! Mystery Part 1

Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by mackandblues
I have 12 more string blocks to make - ugh! I'm sick of neutral fabrics!!!
LOL - I thought I would NEVER get them done either!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM

Yea I've been working on them while doing the other parts and now I'm almost at the point where I'm putting them all together... At first it was fun to play around with different combinations of fabrics but now I'm just sick of them!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by mackandblues
Yea I've been working on them while doing the other parts and now I'm almost at the point where I'm putting them all together... At first it was fun to play around with different combinations of fabrics but now I'm just sick of them!
Maybe over-thinking the process? I have control issues, and I hear what you are saying. Free wheeling with colors and just putting them down as they come into your hand, without thinking, is supposed to be "fun" - - NOT! <g> I have come to the conclusion that just doing it without thought is a bit like being pregnant. Until you are convinced that you will spend the rest of your life being a blimp, feeling bloated and awkward, the baby will never get ready to be born. Finally, for self-preservation you relax with the idea that nothing will ever change and VIOLA! Labor begins. SO! Transfer that relaxation to the scrap quilt process. Just accept the fact that you will hate it, it is all going to be ugly, and you will never like it or approve of it - - just put the pieces together, and VIOLA! a beautiful quilt that you find impressive because of the small amount of thought you put into it. (Trust me like an old woman who has finally given up and realized I never did have control of anything - - though, I still spend a lot of time reminding myself of that fact <g>) <wave>
Old 03-05-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by omak
(Trust me like an old woman who has finally given up and realized I never did have control of anything - - though, I still spend a lot of time reminding myself of that fact <g>) <wave>
:lol: I am finally learning this! Releasing the desire to control everything has been great! It is leading to some awesome quilts.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by omak
(Trust me like an old woman who has finally given up and realized I never did have control of anything - - though, I still spend a lot of time reminding myself of that fact <g>) <wave>
:lol: I am finally learning this! Releasing the desire to control everything has been great! It is leading to some awesome quilts.
Hold that thought and transfer it to other areas of your life - - isn't it interesting how one activity can shed light on other aspects of life and living? I think it has something to do with the fact that when we "do" - - all our inconsequential decisions lend insight to how and what we accomplish. So simple, and yet so complex! ;-) <wave>
Old 03-06-2011, 04:23 AM

6 more string blocks to go! Also have over half of the other blocks put together.