Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Quilts for my boys for Christmas >

Quilts for my boys for Christmas

Quilts for my boys for Christmas

Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM

Perfect boy quilts !
Old 12-29-2010, 04:18 AM

I bought that outer space panel at a lqs and was really disappointed at how thin it was. I was worried it wouldn't hold up in a quilt. Did you do something special to prepare it for the quilt to give it some more substance somehow? My son was terribly disappointed when I told him that I wouldn't or shouldn't use it in a quilt and that I'd make a wall hanging from it.

Your quilts look fabulous too I might add!

And that train fabric is awesome!!! I would have been all over that if I had found it!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I bought that outer space panel at a lqs and was really disappointed at how thin it was. I was worried it wouldn't hold up in a quilt. Did you do something special to prepare it for the quilt to give it some more substance somehow? My son was terribly disappointed when I told him that I wouldn't or shouldn't use it in a quilt and that I'd make a wall hanging from it.

Your quilts look fabulous too I might add!

And that train fabric is awesome!!! I would have been all over that if I had found it!
I didn't do anything special to the space panel. It did seem a little lighter weight than most cottons, but not bad. It's the first time I've bought a panel and my dissappointment was with how terribly out of square it was. But by the time I was done putting the top together, it turned out alright.

The train fabric was from a quilt shop in Pike Place Market in Seattle, bought in the summer of '09. My oldest son is very analytical, logical . . . thinks like an engineer. So the engine blueprints were perfect for him. His favorite color is yellow, thus the yellow border and binding.

I hope that over the years these quilts get used until they're worn out and falling apart. They're lap size, but since Christmas have taken up residence on the beds and their other bed quilts have been pushed aside. LOL.

You might want to give the space panel a try. I hope it works for you. It's a pretty cool piece of fabric and would make a fun wall-hanging too. Thanks also for the compliments on my quilts!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

Great job on them! :)
Old 12-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Power Poster

Awesome quilts!! Love the fabrics and the quilting :D:D:D
Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Love them both!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Well I think both quilts are truly amazing and I love them both. Thanks so much for sharing and it certainly helps me plan out the one I'm going to do in the next month or two. You are a star!!!!